· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie 
    .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I am just going to do a simple frame with a closed bottom for sump filtration if I go that route. Otherwise I think a small floor cabinet for my prime and food would be good. Are you going to shell them or just leave them bare rack?
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Just talked to the guy about that 90g. $275 for tank, stand and canopy. Filter really isn't worth the hassle and the t5 light would just be sold
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie 
    .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a deal to me. Are you going to go LED? Any reason you dont want the t5?

0 Not allowed!
    Plan on wiring in cfl fixtures. LED is a little out of the price range lol
    The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, I've worked it up to 3 options

Prices include selling my 55, and the stands I'd be replacing

Buy New 75, Build Stand: $250
    Buy Used 90 w/stand: $220
    Buy Used 75, Build Stand: $180

The last option is my favorite for a few reasons
    1. cheapest
    2. I can build the exact stand/canopy I want
    3. The 90 doesn't help me very much just b/c it gets taller by a few inches lol (so need stronger lights)
    The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

0 Not allowed!
    I think I can do this to make lids too (wouldn't work for my breeder box) but I can have a plexi lid for the short periods when I use that

The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Lids are an easy thing. You could do hinged reclaimed glass for all that matters and just cut to size.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, and give you an idea of the planned lighting

http://riftlakecichlids.forumotion.c...twist-lighting

Will have two plugs, one for the daylights (thinking 8 - what I have over my tank now) and then one for 3 blue "moonlight" bulbs that will go on for an hour each night before bed. Plus these could be changed out to normal daylight bulbs if I wanna up the light later on. I plan to do individual fixtures though, not one long one
    The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

0 Not allowed!
    Got the tank (well getting it on my way home)

$65 for just the tank, lids will run about $25 using the video above
    The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

0 Not allowed!
    Gonna start the build for the 10g tank rack this weekend, here is my plan, color coded. Does anyone see any issues with it?

Capture.JPG

Will do dado cuts into corner supports to hold the 28" long 2x4s, then will have 18" supports to hold the 18" long 2x4s

Bottom is made of 2x6s just to raise the height of the entire stand a bit (plus will add more weight to the bottom making it a bit less top heavy)

Any concerns? - Oh yea, its for 3 standard 10g tanks, ideally I would have like a storage space below, but it makes it too tall
    The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread