· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, my internet must be faulty or something. No matter what I try to search for I can only find aquaadvisor. If you do come across them again, please do post them. They may be a handy tool to have. Oh and if anyone else finds any please let me know.
    Last edited by KingFisher; 07-17-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

0 Not allowed!
    I can't find any others either.

Why does your stocking only include 2 fish? You have more than that. What's your current full stocking?
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have no clue why it only includes two... The current stock is:
    Two Bluefin notho killifish
    Seven Beckford's pencils
    Two dwarf pencils (it should be noted that not only do the two species of pencils school together, the killies appear to think that they're pencilfish, and they school with the pencils)
    Two julii, two salt-and-pepper, one unknown cory, all of whom school together.
    Two dwarf cories who alternate between schooling with the other cories and playing with the pencilfish.
    One six-inch twig catfish
    One bristlenose pleco who's slightly under an inch and a half but growing like a little weed.
    Three female bettas who get in flare-arguments now and then but get along pretty well.
    Two albino four regular glowlight tetras who school with eachother and sometimes with the pencilfish.
    Two endler's livebearers, males, who will probably be joined by at least four females eventually, since they're so small.
    One stiphodon (algae-eater) goby, just under three inches but very thin. Thin as in body shape, he's not underweight.
    One stonehead Sulawesi goby, about an inch and a half, full size probably around two inches.
    One orange-throated darter, under an inch long, maximum size just under three inches, very slender body shape.
    Two sunset dwarf gouramis, exactly an inch long at the moment.
    One peacock gudgeon
    One African dwarf frog
    One or two assassin snails
    A couple of MTS and a few random pond snails that don't have long to live before they get assassinated.

I know it looks like a lot, but like I've said, they're mostly very small.
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae

Awards Showcase

Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    You have 18 species in your tank. I think this is the worst stocking list I have seen in the year I have been a forum member. It doesn't matter if aqadvisor shows your tank 94% stocked. It doesn't matter if your fish are small. It matters what species you have and if they are in proper schools and with the right tankmates. The female bettas should not be in this community tank. The flaring is probably a sign of stress - if they're "getting in flare arguments" they're not "getting along pretty well". Your 4 species of cories should each be in a school of at least 6. I would think your fish are very stressed. What are you going to do with them when they get bigger?
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The female bettas aren't actually fighting. What I meant by that is, when these particular two find eachother, they stare for a moment, flare their fins and gills out, maybe circle eachother once, then swim away. They don't fight, and they don't show stress lines, they just flare.
    The cories all school together, they don't care that they're different species.
    None of my fish are showing any signs of stress. They're all brightly colored, they're active, out in the open, and the only visible damage is on two of the bettas from when that gold gourami attacked them.
    Most of them aren't going to get bigger. The bristlenose and darter are babies, so they'll grow, but they don't get huge, the dwarf gouramis will grow a little bit, some of the cories might get just a bit bigger, and the twig cat might get an inch longer, but the tetras, pencilfish, livebearers, and dwarf cories aren't going to grow more than a couple of millimeters, and everything else is pretty much full size. Like I said, I'm closely monitoring the tank for any signs of any problems, and there are none.
    I understand that my stocking list is highly unconventional, but I have done a good deal of research and I see no problems whatsoever with the inhabitants. If problems develop, they will be corrected.
    I'd also just like to say that I've seen people on here with several comet goldfish and a common pleco or two in a ten gallon tank. I don't think this is the worst stocking mentioned, even though it isn't exactly the best.
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Agreed might be better to get more fish of the same species, perhaps you can trade them with people or (not likely) LFS to get a more natural look to the tank.
    Also consider the needs of the individual fish, Stiphodon generally need fast flowing and high oxygen water.
    15 Gallon Tarantula tank - Completed. - 1x Lasiodora parahybana
    55 Gallon South-America tank - Neverending. - 10x Nannostomus trifasciatus, 4x Corydoras aeneus, 2x Megalechis thoracata, 2x Acarichthys heckelii
    15 Triassic tank - Planning started. - Possibly a healthy group of Triops cancriformis

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Actually, my LFS is usually happy to trade. I'm going to fiddle around with ideas for a little while, although I like the way the tank looks.

Most of the front glass in the tank has a fast current running across it, like the sort of environment that high-oxygen fish prefer, but oddly my Stiphodon seems to be avoiding that patch of the tank. Is there a subspecies that doesn't like fast water? Because he's actually staying in the parts of the tank with way less flow than the front.