· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by imma24 View Post
    You probably got a great deal! It's also possible that the previous owner might not even know everything that's in the tank - so many fish are sold with one label and are really another type of fish.

Many people here post photos to see if someone can ID them.
    It was well under 500 and he gave us 4 tanks, 2 huge 2 smaller, fish, filters, decorations, chemicals, and food. So it was a huge deal, but it is going to take us a minute to fix the mess.

0 Not allowed!
    And you aren't the first to inherit a "mess" LOL - I've read real horror stories of the conditions of tanks people pick up - really neglected ones with really poor stocking - but you are doing great asking questions here.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

Awards Showcase

I don't like to drink alone..... Cheers - Cliff because they rock! and for showing them to me. - cm12setx Here's to retirement! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the videos and great advice on restocking my dual 29s! - gronlaura for tirelessly showing beautiful, various fish - RiversGirl 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    feelin your pain - SeaLady Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED 
    Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    Banded leporinus (long striped ones)
    Very large(common?) plecos
    Albino tinfoil barb
    Electric yellow cichlids
    Angelfish
    Other Africans I don't know.
    + 1 to madagascariensis for knowing his fish.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am currently uploading more photos so if you go back to my post in a few minutes you will see more close up pictures.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here is the link again.

http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/tr...?sort=3&page=1

And according to measurements it is 125g tank.

0 Not allowed!
    Once again, compliments for trying to do the right thing. MY last post was intended to be helpful, I fully realize you will need time to deal with the situation.

Now...

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...111230_068.jpg

that's some kind of cichlid, I'm rubbish at those.

looks very familiar but the name won't come to me.

This seems to be a colour morph of the common pleco http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...1204_274-1.jpg

this: http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...110249_378.jpg looks like a sailfin pleco to me. probably Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps but that whole genus is tricky to identify without proper pictures with the fin raised. Doesn't look very healthy though, bit thin. These guys at that size enjoy just about any kind of vegetable (rinse well, blanch or nuke in the microwave, weigh down) and twice a week a bit of frozen seafood. Incredibly poop machines!

The angles are a weird colour mix but look healthy enough. Once they're rehomed feed a frozen pea once a week.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...110200_906.jpg looks like an African leaf fish to me, Polycentropsis abbreviata. That's a challenge. Acid water lover, not that big but quite carnivorous, can easily try to eat fish half it's size.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...110032_851.jpg no clue, sorry.

All in all it's a beginner's fish collection composed with little regard to compatibility. Good luck sorting that out.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That is a ctenopoma or bushfish.It looks to be full sized and is a great fish for medium to large community tanks.It is a labyrinth organ fish,that will eat small fish.Large algae eaters are very impressive looking fish,but are nasty and territorial.

0 Not allowed!

you mean? You're probably right. Slightly bigger and a bit less agressive but still a carnivore.

LArge algae eaters agression is often (but certainly not always) related to bad care. Cramped crowded tanks, no hiding places, bad diet.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...110200_906.jpg

you mean? You're probably right. Slightly bigger and a bit less agressive but still a carnivore.

LArge algae eaters agression is often (but certainly not always) related to bad care. Cramped crowded tanks, no hiding places, bad diet.
    Ours seem fine but I want to take most of them and find them a good home as they are over populating the tank.

0 Not allowed!
    in case it hasn't been identified yet the golden, elongated fish at the tank bottom appears to be a golden chinese algae eater (gyrinocheilus aymonieri).
    grows to six inches and acquires a nasty attitude.