· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe but very unlikely just an idea I didn't see suggested. I'd do a couple of big water changes and see how it goes.
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty

0 Not allowed!
    It's likely a combination of things that have all added up to cause your problems. Adding substrate that might not have been washed well enough combined with a lack of water changes is the most likely cause. When also combined with a little aggression from time to time and some already weekend fish from you past problems could also make matter worse.

All the more reason to do a lot of extra and large water changes

Was the substrate you added meant for fresh water tanks only ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It can't possibly be a lack of water changes. When the tank crashed because of the soil, I replaced all of the water except for the half a gallon that I kept the fish in while I was cleaning the tank. Plus, all the parameters are fine... I guess I'll have to change the water anyway, in case the Febreze did get in there.

The substrate is a sand that's meant for freshwater tanks but can be used in saltwater. It's sand that's naturally black and inert, so I don't think it's causing the problems.
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think your understanding what we are trying to tell you. Your parameters might be ok now but because of the lack of water changes in the past it is still causing problems. Until you can pinpoint a specific cause I would work under that theory and just do 2 or 3 50 percent or more water changes a week for a month or so and see how it goes.
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Don't worry, I'm going to do more water changes. I have to get a Python water changer first, though.
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okay, I've gotten a Python and am changing the water out.

For future reference, gold gouramis have no clue whatsoever how to eat fruit flies.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishkeeper View Post
    For future reference, gold gouramis have no clue whatsoever how to eat fruit flies.
    LOL. Ya I agree, only certain fish have the knowledge needed to take down bugs.
    I had an archer fish once which was very good at it.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.