· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I was on a lil vacation and had some1 looking after my fish so I wasn't near a pc in a bit to check the thread; I took out all the metal tacks and the new rocks I added I also clean out my filters once a month as well; and honestly I'm so sick of the test getting 160+ppms when it can't be true I haven't even bothered to check since. I'll try half tank water half tap and straight from the filter etc. Today I do my normal water change anyway.

My testing kit isn't old and I do everything perfectly with it I even have a stopwatch to time it. I just added a baby longfin pleco and he's as happy as they get so I really think something was throwing the results off because my candy cane tetras are also showing spawning behavior atm which I highly doubt would happen in really high nitrate water.

I'm just so sick of that god forsaken api nitrate test.

I'll let you guys know how the results are in a bit.
    Last edited by FishGuy67; 06-19-2013 at 08:57 PM.
    Long time fish keeper most experience with CA/SA cichlids, natives like sunfish, and aggressive catfish.
    Currently have a 29g planted with 14 candy cane tetras, 6 sterbai corys, 6 melini corys, a rescued Siamese fighting fish and 1 mustache wearing albino longfin pleco.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Same results with the NA after the water change 160+ but when I did give or take 50/50 tank and tap I got around 50ppm. So I have no god damn idea why still; I got rid of any variables I could think of and no change.

I'm calling BS on the test no way my tanks 160+; I did each NA test tank and 50/50 twice and got the same results so maybe it's human error I just haven't got any idea what. I'm really at the point of not even using the test anymore it's so annoying my fish are healthy that's what matters.
    Last edited by FishGuy67; 06-20-2013 at 03:23 AM.
    Long time fish keeper most experience with CA/SA cichlids, natives like sunfish, and aggressive catfish.
    Currently have a 29g planted with 14 candy cane tetras, 6 sterbai corys, 6 melini corys, a rescued Siamese fighting fish and 1 mustache wearing albino longfin pleco.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I also just noticed some eggs scattered on the bottom so my candy cane tetras spawned! that's the second tetra to spawn in that tank!! first lemons that I gave to a friend now my candy canes. Which seems to support my NA level being complete BS even more.