· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default 56 Gallon Planted Community Tank - do u think this is pushing it?

0 Not allowed!
    ok im haveing a hard time finding emp. tetra's so i was thinking of putting my 3 emps into a dif tank for now and replace them with 5 Boesemans Rainbow do u think this would be pushing it to far? the list would be:
    10 Cardinal Tetras
    7 Rummy nose tetra
    5 Boesemani Rainbow (this would replace having 7 emps)
    7 Panda Cory
    4 Bronze Cory (i think they bronze they kind of look like a mix of bronze/gold stripe i gave up on finding which type they are lol)
    1 German Blue ram
    1 Golden Ram
    1 Angel Fish

Tank is 30 x 18 x 24
    56 gallon Planted community
    and i uslay change around 30-35% a week
    im current working on getting a Eheim 2217 for this tank but it currently has 2 hob filters (tetra 55/75)

n then i checked AQadvisor:

Recommended temperature range: 26 - 26 C. [Display in Farenheit]
    Recommended pH range: 6.4 - 7.
    Recommended hardness range: 5 - 12 dH.

You have plenty of aquarium filtration capacity.

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 160%.Help on Filtration capacity
    Recommended water change schedule: 34% per week.
    Your aquarium stocking level is 124%
    56 Gallon Planted Tetra based Community Tank.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Ferns,

0 Not allowed!
    Knowing I'm likely to be the only one but..

Boesemani are surprisingly shy for their size so a bigger group would be better and do best in neutral to alkaline water that's reasonably hard, They also get quite big and like to stretch their fins. A 30 inch tank is very small.

The other fish are all soft, slightly acidic water fish.
    You got three cichlids so planting is important.

A single species of cory would look better and likely do better.

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    I would say the Boes are just fine replacing the tetra. The rest of your stock you seem to have had for a while...
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah i had no trouble finding the cardinals and rummies and i found them in perfect ammount too but its the emps my pet store said they arn`t gettting anymore and i checked all other other 8-10 petstores i have none of them even carry them in stock. and when i look online for them 75% of places have them out of stock and yeah i love my stock i have currently im acutaly working on a 20 gallon setup for betta i was going to make a shellie tank but theres really no good stocks around here and the ones online are just to pricey im hopeing in the future to get another larger tank then my 56 im loving this hobby XD Also i got like 0 deaths into this just 1 little panda died but i think there was somthing wrong with him because he wasn`t growing like the rest of them.

yeah i was debating on there size for this tank tall and i know just 5 would be pushing it for them and for the cories i know just 1 type would of been better but my dad just loves these corydoras and kept asking for a dif color so i grabbed some nice looking bronze mixed looking ones they where labled gol stripe but they don`t have the stripe but are that color to them and so reason why i got 2 dif colors is that n it acutaly looks pretty nice like that because i didn`t notice till now but its acutaly kind of hard to see the panda's in my setup and they all snuggle up and then eat with each other so im happy with the 2 dif types.

Is there another type of rainbow that might fit then? cause i don`t want to stress them out to death if they don`t like the soft/acidic peat water i have.
    i was asking for boeseman cause there so pretty and i seen a few good stocks around here latly.
    Last edited by ChaosWolf; 06-08-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass 
    TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Looks good. If you realy like Emperor tetras and don't mind ordering them, this place has all of them in stock right now: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...47534661,d.cGE

They have regular, the Kerri (no relation) and the rare Rainbow:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=110456

If you like the Boeseman's, unless your water is super soft/acidic than they should do okay.
    Last edited by steeler58; 06-08-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass 
    TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry just looked again, no Kerri's.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    -Vince Lombardi

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    see my problem is i only need 4 of them but it says minimum 24$ and 4 emps would be 12$
    im going to have to wait till i can set up my 20 gallon betta tank cause i want some cories for there too then i should be able to hit the 24$ ._.

i keep my water around 6-6.5ph and its very soft water cause rams n cardinals seem to love it like that so yeah i don`t think the boeseman would like it.
    Last edited by ChaosWolf; 06-09-2013 at 02:28 AM.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I get you.
    -Vince Lombardi

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    lol i wish i could find a site that has them instock with no Cost limit XD but that site is one of the cheapest that u gave me so im interested lol n 15$ shipping isnt bad ether 0.o.Im going to keep looking around at pet stores in mean time just in case. Until i finish the 20 gallon betta tank so to make the over 24$ limit.

0 Not allowed!
    You got near perfect south American water and a decently stocked tank with happy inhabitants? Why suddenly the urge to add extra fish crowding the tank and an incompatible one at that?