· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

And here' the box of tissues I didn't use crying because I feel so bad for you :o) - fishmommie have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA 
    Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus 
    got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 
    So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear that...she'll have more soon, I'm hoping
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz 
    In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    Argh!, Sorry to hear that Gesp but hey if things in this hobby went just as planned and according to schedule all the time it just wouldn't be as interesting or challenging a hobby as it is. Like they say "practice makes perfect" :D

Awards Showcase

Thanks!!! - steeler58 Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus 
    Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 
    Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 
    cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Rats! Maybe next time. Sometimes it takes a few tries for the fish to figure out what they are supposed to do.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you everyone for the encouraging words. I think its just because she's young. They were only her second clutch of eggs ever. She's still only an inch long, half her adult size, and she's barely a year old. Hopefully in a few weeks she lays again and I get some fry :D

I'll be putting up some pictures in the next few days of the tank.

The Val is starting to fill in and looks amazing.

In the next couple of weeks I should be getting new lighting for the tank so hopefully I see better color and growth of my Crypts.

The Crypt lingua I got about a week ago has still yet to sprout. I'm not entirely sure if they're even still alive. If I decide to do my water change tonight I'll check to see if the rotted if not I'll check tomorrow. Hopefully they didn't I was really excited to see those grow in.
    My 10 Gallon Aquarium Journal
    10 Gallon Planted: 1x Apistogramma trifasciata, 8x Nannostomus marginatus
    20 Gallon: 1x Mikrogeophagus ramirezi, 10x Nannostomus beckfordi, 3x Otocinclus vittatus

~Formerly known as Carapar56~

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    UPDATE:

Just did a big 90% water change on the 10 gallon. Vacuumed the gravel a bit and checked on the Crypt lingua. They seem to be sending out roots but they're growing UNBEARABLY slowly. I trimmed some dead leaves off of the Vals and added 4 Catappa leaves. I tried putting some on the left side, under the HOB filters but the current kept moving the leaves around and sending them flying across the tank. I put 2 on the right side and 2 in the middle. Already my Otos are all over the leaves!! Hopefully my pH change isn't drastic. If it falls below 7.0 then I might remove a leaf or two.

Pictures will be up in the next few days when I have time and the fish are settled.
    20 Gallon: 1x Mikrogeophagus ramirezi, 10x Nannostomus beckfordi, 3x Otocinclus vittatus

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for the lack of updates and pictures guys. Everything's been hectic lately and there hasn't been much to report. Everyone's doing well and the plants are doing fine. This Journal may or may not be inactive for a little while. I might put up some new pictures tomorrow if I get the chance but there's not much to show.

The plants aren't showing any drastic growth. And due to some of the Catappa leaves being blown around the tank because of the current I had to weigh them down with a rock so it looks sort of ugly.

If I can convince my dad to purchase everything for me I might be getting a new HOB filter for the tank instead of the internal filters that I have now. If that happens a lot of room will be freed up and I'll be able to plant more.

Also I might be getting some new lights more suitable for growing plants.

Other than that not much has changed. I have yet to test my pH so I have no idea how the Catappa leaves have affected it. The fish seem to love them and the Otos are constantly all over them. The female apisto loves hiding under them and has been showing gorgeous color due to the addition of the leaves. Everyone seems happy :D

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates. There's not much to report on the tank. Things are growing in nicely and I moved some plants around but other than that the fish are doing well and seem to love their new, lower pH. After weeks of waiting my father's finally ordered my fish supplies. Which include some new plant bulbs, a new filter for the 10 gallon(a 30 gallon AquaClear filter), some new cichlid food, and a Gh and Kh test kit. They should be here sometime next week hopefully.

Hopefully with these new bulbs the plants will do better. I'll also be cycling the AquaClear filter on a spare tank and when its ready I'll be switching it out with the two internal Tetra Whisper filters.

Currently in my 20 gallon I'm growing some spare Tiger Val which seems to finally be taking hold. Speaking of the Tiger Val I noticed my first runner on one in my 10 gallon!!! :D

The Pencils have taken to the tank nicely but still prefer the back of the tank. Hopefully that changes when it grows in more. They're starting to really color up, and although its almost impossible to sex them its kind of obvious who's a male and who's not. I have a few young males with GORGEOUS red fins that spend their times chasing each other and wooing the females. Hopefully with some more cover, perfect water conditions, and some time for the Pencils to mature more I'll get them to breed.

The apistos are doing great. The male is currently ignoring or chasing the female when he gets the chance since she's not ready to breed yet. He's grown quite a bit and his colors are maturing nicely. He's showing some gorgeous turquoise, red, and gold.

The Otos seems to love the Catappa leaves and are living happily in my tank. Its odd, many people have issues with them but I really haven't had any. I lost one, due to shipping, but my remaining two are healthy and happy.

I'll get photos up soon but after this round of photos the topic might be inactive until my new lights arrive. Stay tuned and thanks for reading!!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. My summer got kind of hectic and I was barely ever home to do anything other than maintenance on the tanks. The 10 gallon is doing well and the plants growing in nicely. The Pencilfish are doing great and with the addition of the Catappa leaves have started showing mating behavior. I had to remove the leaves though as they were almost completely decayed. I'll be adding 4 new ones tonight after my wc. The Crypts are doing great with the upgrade of my lights and the Val is constantly sending out runners. My Nerite died this morning(not surprised, it was about the size of a grape and old as hell). I ordered 2 more Dwarf Otos for the tank. I've been having issues with diatoms lately due to various factors so I thought more Otos would help a bit, plus the 2 I have now seem kind of lonely. I'm currently cycling an Aquaclear 30 for the tank so hopefully in a month or so I should be able to remove my two ugly Tetra whisper filters.

After my wc tonight I'll put up some pictures for you guys :D

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    UPDATE:

Hey guys I know its been awhile but my summer has been super hectic. So much has happened and I've been so stressed since my senior year in highschool starts in a week and I'm so worried about college and what I'm doing when I graduate. Things in the tank have grown a lot. I've moved plants around, gotten rid of plants, moved decor around, and watched plants grown in. The Val has grown in nicely and is looking fantastic. Some of my Crypts have reached almost 8 inches in height! I've had issues with diatoms in both of my tanks but I've been combating it.

Without further ado here are the pictures I've promised for months. (they'll be in several posts as I have a lot to show)

To start things off pictures of the full tank and the grown in plants:

Tank Piccies (1).jpg

Tank Piccies (2).jpg

Tank Piccies (3).jpg

Tank Piccies (5).jpg

Tank Piccies (7).jpg

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    As stated before I have been doing several things to combat the diatoms, one of those methods was purchasing more Otos. They arrived today along with my Bumblebee Catfish, I now have 4 Otos in the tank. The new ones acclimated amazingly and within hours were feasting away and actively swimming around the tank.

Bringing my stock to:
    2x Apistogramma trifasciata
    9x Nannostomus marginatus
    4x Otocinclus vittatus

Here are some pictures of the Otos:
    Oto.jpg

These last 4 pictures show my Jumbo Oto. My Otos are Otocinclus vittatus which are supposed to only reach around 1.5 inches. This Oto is nearly 2.5 inches. At that length he's the longest fish in the tank! Even longer than my male Apisto, longer but not bigger XD
    Oto Jumbo size (2).jpg

Oto Jumbo size (3).jpg

Oto Jumbo size (4).jpg

Oto Jumbo size (1).jpg
    Last edited by Gesp56; 08-30-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast