· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    I don't have any picture updates for you guys, I will tomorrow when I take pics of the new growth, but I wanted to inform you guys I just bought 10 Dwarf Pencilfish for the 10 gallon as well as 3 stalks of Cryptocoryne lingua, and 6 stalks of Vallisneria spiralis Tiger. Hopefully everything is paid for and ships soon. I also bought 6 Platy's for my 20 gallon tank. c:

Also as stated before I did indeed lose my apisto fry. The female remained in her cave for a few days after almost as if she was mourning. She's now out and about before and is putting on weight. Hopefully the mate again are successful in producing and raising fry.

Sorry I don't have pictures for you guys today. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed only 8 hours ago. I'm still in my bed, on my computer recovering.
    Last edited by Gesp56; 06-26-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz 
    In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    Great pics, your fish are doing really well.. I also loved the pic of the oto peaking out of the pot :). Hope all goes well with the fry!

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Definitely will get some new pics up later. But today I have to remove some plants and move stuff around. Last night I ordered over 200 Indian Almond leaves. Hopefully they arrive in the next few weeks. Along with those I'll be adding some leaves from my local area to the tank to create a nice leaf litter for the fish. In the next week my Dwarf Pencilfish and the plants I ordered should also arrive. Also, around the end of July my eheim canister filter should be done cycling and I'll be able to remove the HOB filters from the tank and free up space. Can't wait to show you guys the changes and growth later!!
    My 10 Gallon Aquarium Journal
    10 Gallon Planted: 1x Apistogramma trifasciata, 8x Nannostomus marginatus
    20 Gallon: 1x Mikrogeophagus ramirezi, 10x Nannostomus beckfordi, 3x Otocinclus vittatus

~Formerly known as Carapar56~

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Just got my Vallisneria spiralis Tiger plants in the mail, I'll upload some pics when they're planted. Only ordered 6, but received 10, hooray for me!!
    20 Gallon: 1x Mikrogeophagus ramirezi, 10x Nannostomus beckfordi, 3x Otocinclus vittatus

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    A full view of the tank, I still need a background. However the Val looks nice in there c:
    full.jpg
    A closer picture of my little rearranged rock pile.
    rock pile.jpg
    A vertical view of the right side of the tank.
    right side of tank vertical.jpg
    A view of the right side tank.
    right side of tank.jpg
    A view of the right side of the tank, looking at it from the front. The male apisto can be seen hiding in his little cave.
    right side with apisto.jpg

All of the smaller plants present in the pics are green Cryptocoryne wendtiis, the taller plant is my just planted Vallinseria spiralis Tiger. Hopefully the Val does well in my tank, propagates and fills in that back area. As you can see in several pictures the Crypts have really colored up and are starting to grow much faster. You can also see in one picture the dark tiger like markings on the Val, I positively love them. They're gorgeous.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    The best photo I could get of my female apisto, she's always zooming to and from the caves on the left side of the tank.
    female apisto.jpg
    A vertical view of the left side of the tank. The crypt closest to us is shown experiencing a bit of melt, its leaves turning clear or white. It had just been moved and had its roots trimmed (It was only planted for about a month yet its roots were nearly 8 inches long!!)
    left side of tank vertical.jpg
    A view of the left side of the tank. The crypt experiencing a little melt after having been moved.
    left side of tank.jpg
    A view of the left side tank, from the front. You can see the melt on the previously stated crypt, on the far left.
    left side.jpg
    The best picture I could get of my rambunctious Otos. They're growing quite fast!!
    otos.jpg
    Last edited by Gesp56; 07-01-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz 
    In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    I think it really looks great, love the Vals and how they bend over the top of the water. Adding some manzanita would be great, you've done a beautiful job!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Here are a bunch of photos for my male apisto, he was actually out posing for the camera. I guess he's gotten used to it by now!
    male apisto (2).jpg

male apisto (3).jpg

male apisto (4).jpg

male apisto.jpg

And one lonely, awful picture of my giant, battered up Olive Nerite Snail
    Nerite Snail.jpg

Thanks so much for the compliments Judi!! I definitely would like some manzanita hanging down. I talked to my dad, no money atm. But hopefully I'll get it soon. I also ordered some Crypt lingua, 10 Dwarf Pencilfish and about 200 Indian Almond leaves. When those arrive the tank will definitely be more interesting. It needs to grow in a bit more, I need to add the driftwood, and it still needs its leaf litter bottom. Hopefully by the end of July my eheim canister will be cycled so I can remove those ugly HOBs.

In other news the female Apisto is not a bit over 1", the male is about 1 1/2", and my otos are around 1 3/4". Everyone's doing well and their colors are great. I believe I have a male and female Oto. One is a bit smaller and darker and the other is a bit larger, broader and lighter. I'm not sure about sexing Otos but that sounds right to me. I can't wait for my pencilfish to arrive, they actually should have just shipped today.

The plants are doing well and my fert regiment is going as planned. Expect more updates in the coming weeks as new plants, fish and other things arrive and grow!!!
    Last edited by Gesp56; 07-01-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Are they here yet are they here yet?!! The Pencilfish is on my list of "would love to have" so I can't wait to see them!

0 Not allowed!
    Really nice tank, and congrats on the breeding pair, well done! Just wondering what kind of lighting you have in there? I'm considering some real plants in my 10g but just want low tech...are you adding co2 or anything fancy schmancy?
    Don't poke the crazy