· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Parasite?

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz 
    In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

Exclamation Parasite?

0 Not allowed!
    Can anyone identify this issue? It started as a tiny white patch/spot several days ago. I treated with Prazipro and the fish started looking better. Today I came home to find a tuft like piece on the side of the fish. No symptoms on any other fish just the black phantom tetra. I do 2-3 50% pwc's per week and vacuum the gravel each time. Parameters are 0/0/<10

0 Not allowed!
    Can't really tell by the picture but I doubt it's a parasite. Might be something like fungus or lymphocystis. Can you describe the patch?

0 Not allowed!
    Almost looks like some type of fungus to me

Edit: I just got ninja'd
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz 
    In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    This is an issue I've had with now 6 out of 8 of my black phantom tetras and only them. It starts out like a tiny white patch (flat) then a teeny white fuzz appears on the side of the fish, then a bump at the base of the tail leading to fuzzy spots at the base of the tail and the base of the dorsal fin, then the fish stops eating, starts wasting away and I usually euthanize. I thought I had it beat because all was good for about 3 months til just this week.

With each case I've tried different solutions, Melafix/Pimafix then fungus guard then Maracyn & Maracyn 2, now PraziPro. Nothing seems to make a difference. I just talked to KevinVA over on my journal and he stated he had the same issue with his black phantoms, lost his last one yesterday. Frustrating that I can't seem to make a difference for them.

0 Not allowed!
    One of the best fungis treatments that I have used for both SW and FW is paragard. I would suggest trying that. It always has worked for me

http://www.seachem.com/Products/prod...ParaGuard.html
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Cliff, I'll pick some up tomorrow!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    Can't really tell by the picture but I doubt it's a parasite. Might be something like fungus or lymphocystis. Can you describe the patch?
    madagascariensis, I'll research more regarding lymphocyctis.. it looks similar to some of the images I just saw.