· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying a grill

Default Buying a grill

0 Not allowed!
    I am going grill shopping tonight and everywhere I look I see conflicting reviews on all of them...

Budget is 300-400 ish (more like my fish budget, willing to bend some)

Few I have been thinking

Char-broil 3 Burner IR - like $399
    Weber Spirit E 3 Burner - $499, 2 Burner is like $399

Few others, but those have been the top two, any tips or advice would be huge

Thanks

0 Not allowed!
    My neighbors like the Weber - apparently they are made for serious grillers - they use theirs all year long.

I have a grill from Home Depot that has 2 smokestack looking things sticking out of the top - has 3 burners & a side ring to heat pots - no problems with it - have had it 2 yrs.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

0 Not allowed!
    It doesn't seem to matter how much we spend on a grill. Weather and age get to the grill after a few years, then it's time to start thinking about replacing it. We do put a canvas cover on the grill to protect it from the elements. Would like to have a nice built in brick grill on the deck one day.

0 Not allowed!
    yea, I love the webers, but the only reason i don't is b/c of how "much more grill" I can get for the same price with other names lol

I'm wondering if it'd be worth the price. I do want to grill year round though

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    the cost of the grilll isnt important really. look for something in the size you need. if its just for 4 people or so then a smaller one would be fine. 2 burners are great. also look at how heavy the grill grates are. cast iron ones are my favorite. the heavier ones hold more heat longer thus giving a better char on the meat. but in all reality any grill is better than no grill.
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by genocidex View Post
    the cost of the grilll isnt important really. look for something in the size you need. if its just for 4 people or so then a smaller one would be fine. 2 burners are great. also look at how heavy the grill grates are. cast iron ones are my favorite. the heavier ones hold more heat longer thus giving a better char on the meat. but in all reality any grill is better than no grill.
    You have no idea how sick I am of steaks cooked in a cast iron skillet.... Yea right now it is just me and my fiance, maybe having a few people over once in awhile...

We are having an engagement bbq/party this summer though... 20-30 people and I don't want a grill that won't be able to keep up at all... that'd be why I was looking anything bigger. Been thinking 3 burners but also like the 2 burner ones

The weber 3 spirit are my favorites, then the IR (just b/c I've seen its great for cooking steaks)

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    ye but then you are waisting your fuel later on. i beleive there are places that you can rent a giant grill for a party like yours. i was without a grill for 7 yrs and i missed it soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Are you set on a gas grill?

My mom is getting that Weber 3 series from Home Depot as well.

But I have a weber charcoal grill.
    it's a beast, way cheaper....just means you have to have some patience with lighting her up.

Awards Showcase

BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 
    6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady 
    Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 For the YapMeister - Compass Another milestone! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 
    Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I have to grill every weekend or I go into withdrawal...on a stainless steel my Dad had custom built years ago...2' x 3' cooking surface...I'm a charcoal kinda guy, though...
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    I would love one of the "dual" type, half char coal, half gas. Just because most of the time I get home 6-6:30 and wouldn't wanna wait for the charcoal to cook two steaks, but for having people over having a few beers in the back yard while hanging out charcoal would be great

All the reviews I've seen on the multi styles seem to suck though. Sams club has one that has 4 types - IR, gas, charcoal and a smoker... its only like $300 lol