· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Anyone keep Spike Tail MTS? Melanoides Granifera I think they are called.

0 Not allowed!
    Just curious I ordered 20 off aquabid and can't wait to get a colony of these cool looking variants. I figured I could use them to move some substrate around since I have a thick sand bed and well they seem pretty cool.

Is that the correct scientific name in the title? Here is a pic. of what I'll be getting. http://s116.photobucket.com/user/Wal...a/mts.jpg.html
    Long time fish keeper most experience with CA/SA cichlids, natives like sunfish, and aggressive catfish.
    Currently have a 29g planted with 14 candy cane tetras, 6 sterbai corys, 6 melini corys, a roided out tiger angelfish and 1 mustache wearing albino longfin pleco.
    Oh and they all get along amazingly!!! went through 4 BN plecos and 2 angelfish until I got ones with the right temperament but it's the most mellow tank now.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Not a single person? there's gotta be somebody who keeps this type and knows it's care ie are root tabs gonna bug em etc etc.
    Long time fish keeper most experience with CA/SA cichlids, natives like sunfish, and aggressive catfish.
    Currently have a 29g planted with 14 candy cane tetras, 6 sterbai corys, 6 melini corys, a roided out tiger angelfish and 1 mustache wearing albino longfin pleco.
    Oh and they all get along amazingly!!! went through 4 BN plecos and 2 angelfish until I got ones with the right temperament but it's the most mellow tank now.

0 Not allowed!
    I don't keep them but I would expect their behavior to be similar to that of the common mts. Root tabs do not seem to bother mine, I think that they can sense the chemicals exuded from the tabs and simply avoid the areas.

0 Not allowed!
    Quick Google search reveals they multiply like crazy and require no special care, that I can find.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    I don't keep them but I would expect their behavior to be similar to that of the common mts. Root tabs do not seem to bother mine,
    Same here.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I gotta give props to MikeJohns on aquabid he sent me more than the 20 I ordered and 4 days later in 90 degree+ weather they all arrived alive and well. They are getting use to the tank now it's pretty funny because my corys think their food but they have no chance of actually getting them lol.

If they multiply like everyone says soon I'll be selling them too!