· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default Fine Dining BETTA

0 Not allowed!
    I was wondering if anyone else has ever given their Betta table scraps for an occasional treat. Mine loves cooked chicken,roast beef and tuna.His favorite thing is bakery frenchbread. His tank is set up in my kitchen and he can smell when any of these items are being served or cooked-he flips practically upside down "begging" . Just the sight of the bread loaf on the table sets him off ! Of course I only give him tiny amounts once in awhile and he has been thriving,otherwise he suffers himself to eat his flake food which is the only "fish" food he would ever eat. he still thinks hes entitled to have anything my husband I are eating and goes n pouts behind a plant when he doesnt get a taste. But I know alot of things we eat could hurt him even if he doesnt !. Our every move is watched as we enter the kitchen...I know he wants to come out of his water confinement and enter the fridge if only he could. Who needs a dog ? Does anyone else have a quirky fish ?

0 Not allowed!
    make sure that they remain occasional treats. while they must surely taste good to the betta, they probably are the equivalent of fast food and sodas to us.
    must be funny to have a fish that begs like a dog...

0 Not allowed!
    LOL. This is not uncommon. Once they get a taste of palatable goodies from us humans, there's no turning back. Its like a pandora's box.

A once a week treat, of a few specks of food should be okay, but not much. Many like meat, particularly the chicken and tuna you mentioned. Be careful though, as some of those foods can cause constipation and blockage in a Betta, so only the scantest amount, and rarely.

You can try perhaps "seasoning" his own food with garlic guard (from seachem), and when you are eating feed him the "seasoned" food. He might begin to believe that's what your eating.
    2 10 gallon tanks, 1 20 gallon tank, 1 Fluval Edge, 1 29 gallon tank, and one backyard pond.

0 Not allowed!
    i wouldn't be feeding fish bread. it expands alot inside their stomachs and may cause blockage.
    also not bettas because they are carnivores