· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    I have two 55 gallons with one angel in each tank. Only ones that can be kept together unless the tank is very large is a mated pair and even a large tank densely planted so they are out of eye-sight of the others. I would not plan on a bunch of them in 30 gallons, for sure. One would be fine.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thank-you for your information ! Its been 0ver 20 yrs since I had my angelfish. Im not even quite remembering what all I had in with them. Im so eager to set up a new large tank whenever Im able to move and i want to try n figure out kind of fish I want to center the rest around. I just remember that I thought they were beautiful. Would dwarf blue gouramis get along ? I would appreciate any advice you might have regarding this !

0 Not allowed!
    Gourami tend to be very territorial so the rule is generally one-per-tank, except in very large tanks. Even then it's often hit-and-miss. :)

An exception may be Honey Gourami. These tend to be a lot more docile than their cousins.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I agree, angels are still very popular and I think they're beautiful too. Hope you find some soon but I wouldn't get more than 1 or maybe 2 just because they're tendency to be so territorial.

Years ago, I kept a single three spot gourami in a 39g community aquarium with 2 angels for years and never had any issues. The gourami was the shyest of the bunch and was larger than the angels at first, which I think helped. However that was my only experience with gouramis so I'd go with what ameliaaahx said ;).

I currently have 2 small angels in my 29g (they were about nickel-sized when I got them, including fins, but they are growing at a good pace). They still get along great but I'm crossing my fingers that I won't have to rehome one any time soon, as I soon plan on setting up a much larger tank to move them to once they outgrow the 29g. :)
    29 gal community
    sunset and golden sailfin mollies (14-15 fry born 6/12/13)
    marbled and black angels
    albino corys
    neon tetras
    yoyo loach
    clown pleco

5 furbabies: miniature dachshund, golden retriever, mutt, and 2 cats :)

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson