· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Unless you want to spend more than is needed on water conditioned - use Prime.

It's more economical than API because it goes farther IE: You can condition more water for the same cost. Compare for yourself.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by atsbill123 View Post

I know I have to have the new water at the same temp as in the tank but not sure how to do this since I only have the one heater in the tank? I thought I was supposed to prepare the water before I put in the new water and let it sit a day?
    You can use a seperate thermometer....I just kind of feel the temp of the tank water with my hand, and match it the best I can to the temp coming out of the tap...LOL...not very scientific, but I've been close enough to not harm my fish...and I started out kind of like you...cycled with fish...water changes DAILY, for 5 WEEKS, sometimes more than 1 WC per day...
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

No Message - talldutchie Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Not to confuse you even more, but that blood parrot isn't going to last long in a 14 gallon tank. They get large and prefer a group, you will need a much larger tank to keep them long term.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

0 Not allowed!
    It's not too concentrated, People use it for 10 & 5g tanks - Use Prime.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goes to 11! View Post
    What he ^ said x 2.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goes to 11! View Post
    +1 to that
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes thank you. I plan to get at least a 30 gallon tank before too long. I was steered wrong by the fish store person so I realize I will have to eat the cost of the tank I already bought. People on this forum said they would help with the transition to the new tank. I am totally new to this and figured the fish store would steer me in the right direction. Instead they totally messed me up from the start.
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by atsbill123 View Post
    How about API Stress Coat Water Conditioner? http://www.amazon.com/Stress-Coat-Wa...pr_product_top

I am looking for water conditioner. A very helpful person suggested another one but I am afraid it is too concentrated for my small tank.

Is this ok for a 14 gallon one fish tank?
    Prime too concentrated? Nah - you can use half a capful with every water change. It doesn't have to be an exact measurement.

And BTW, yes, fish store employees can screw you up - they are hired to sell fish and supplies - it is YOUR job to ask questions 1st (here), do research and only bring your money into a store when you know exactly what you are buying.
    Last edited by imma24; 05-27-2013 at 02:33 AM.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, green corys, 1 guppy, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT with green corys & 2 guppies

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I use a medicinal syringe, that you can get at most pharmacies..usually used for dosing small amounts of liquid children's medicine...iincrements are in milliliters, which is good for me, because I have a ten gallon tank, which uses 1 milliter of Prime....That Prime is good stuff, it does much more than de-chlorinate, and is very economical...

It is hard to use too much of it, if you follow thw directions about the cap thread = 1 ml ratio...a little extra won't hurt...if using a siphon, like the one you ordered, use enough Prime to treat the entire tank, not just what you remove during water changes....for 14 gallons, that would be about 1.5 ml...
    Awesome, very helpful. Thank you so much.
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ordering Prime now. Seems to be #1 by a mile here :)