3x striped cory, 1x snakeskin gourami.
    nitrate at 20 ppm

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drose11111 View Post
    alright so to fix i will:
    1. stop lighting for so long
    2. stop florapride
    3. get some of that api co2 stuff and dose that
    Make sure to get a syringe and shot the liquid carbon at the algae. Just dosing your tank with it will not kill the algae.

Other than that, yes, doing these 3 things should help.
    Last edited by kim92; 05-24-2013 at 01:25 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Watch your corys carefully when using excel.

I know some people here that had very bad luck with their cory due to using excel, while others have had not problems. Can't remember what type of corys they were tho. I would suggest watching for that just to be safe
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Watch your corys carefully when using excel.

I know some people here that had very bad luck with their cory due to using excel, while others have had not problems. Can't remember what type of corys they were tho. I would suggest watching for that just to be safe
    Really? I've never heard that. Good to know. The only problems I have heard from Excel are it melts vals.
    What problems did they have?

0 Not allowed!
    If I remember correctly, They acted stressed, stopped eating, and a few of them died. I've been trying to find that thread here but I can't find it right now. I've never used Excel in my tank with corys as I went for pressurized CO2 instead. This is just based on what I have read

When I find that thread, I'll post the link here
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Good greif, that should not have been that hard to find. I must be having a bad night, links posted below

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ighlight=excel

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ighlight=excel

0 Not allowed!
    Very interesting. Thanks for the links.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Update: i did a like 60% water change last night and dosed tetraflora pride, the hair subsided quite a bit when i checked today at like 3 pm, could my nitrates maybe have been high?

0 Not allowed!
    I would think it very well could be which is why I had asked about your nitrate levels

Algae is always caused by an imballance in nutrients and lighting. If you do not change enough water, clean your filter when it needs it, along with dosing ferts, you very well could have higher nitrate levels. But considering the fact that you to not have a heavy bioload in your aquarium, the nutrients are most likely coming from your ferts

I would suggest getting a nitrate test kit and test your tank water

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    my fertilizer is nitrate free, and i do weekly 50% water changes, and i dont overfeed, so why would nitrates be out of balance

edit: my nitrate is at 5 ppm, just tested
    Last edited by Drose11111; 05-24-2013 at 09:38 PM.