· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Isivaa Sanaru View Post
    Thanks

The dimensions are like 50cm (length), 30cm (width) and 40cm (height)
    I know you're Asian and they do things differently there but... Your tank is 60 litre or 16 US gallon.That's about enough water for a dozen neons. Not 50-60 AND 2 turtles!!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    I know you're Asian and they do things differently there but... Your tank is 60 litre or 16 US gallon.That's about enough water for a dozen neons. Not 50-60 AND 2 turtles!!
    Well, that sucks... That's the problem here in Asia, they don't TELL you anything. I asked at the shop "What size does my tank need to be to hold about 50 Neons?" And they answered "It's not that picky, you can have the fish in your tank." To be honest I don't think she knew...

So what should I do now, except for the obvious (buying a bigger tank)? Can I do something to make them feeling more comfortable? Split them up or add more plants/caves?

The point is that I can't afford a bigger tank yet... So if I can do anything meanwhile to correct a few of my mistakes I would be happy to do so!
    "We are living on this planet as if we had another one to go to"

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Any chance of the fish store taking some back? Or do you know anyone who might re-home a few?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sligg View Post
    Any chance of the fish store taking some back? Or do you know anyone who might re-home a few?
    To be honest, no. They're not that friendly here and they really don't care whether the fish live or die. I mean, it's like a street full with Aquarium stores and the competition is insane, they just want to make their living...
    I don't have a second tank and I don't know anyone else doing this hobby (since I haven't lived here for too long.)

I feel quite disappointed, I bought the BIGGEST tank I could find in the store and it's still not even 20 gallons?... I was kinda expecting it to be at least 40 gallons. I know this is gonna sound weird, but I asked the store manager how many gallons the tank were, since I had been reading online about measurements and it all said gallons. He said it was 50 gallons, and since I thought it was at least 40, I believed him.

They honestly do everything they can to trick you here, it's not only in this business but in all kinds of business. If they see that you don't really understand what's happening, they're gonna take advantage of that!

How many gallons do I need for my (obviously) insane amount of Neons?

0 Not allowed!
    Gallons, liters, whatever you feel works. I'd be looking for something about a meter wide, say 30-40 gallons at least. Keep the current tank for the turtles.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Gallons, liters, whatever you feel works. I'd be looking for something about a meter wide, say 30-40 gallons at least. Keep the current tank for the turtles.
    Thanks for helping out, I'll try to get something like that as soon as I can.

But a tank that big, I would need something special to put it on right? It would probably crush right through the small table I'm keeping this one on...

0 Not allowed!
    Water weighs 1kg/liter. A tank that size will weigh 20kg empty.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Water weighs 1kg/liter. A tank that size will weigh 20kg empty.
    I actually managed to give away a lot of my Neons few days ago! I now only have about 14 left - I guess I could keep my current aquarium for a while now?