· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

0 Not allowed!
    Sad news, the guy was taking the tank down the the two AC110's were on and dropped one. The case cracked...

I haven't seen it, but he tested it and it leaks while running... he was at $70 for the pair, now he said he'd do $50 for the pair since its fixable, just I buy both or just the one?
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

0 Not allowed!
    ok. Bad news turned into AWESOME news

just checking craiglist and found a guy selling a tank, in the pic had a AC110 in the box... well after talking he said he'd do $20 on it

So, I'm buying both off my friend (figured I'd have the one for parts then) for $50, and the other for $20. Getting me 3 AC 110's for $70 hahaha

All 3 wouldn't even fit on my tank, but having the extra will make me more relaxed knowing if a piece brakes I'm covered
    The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thats a huge deal! Good job.
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    So, I'm buying both off my friend ... and the other for $20. Getting me 3 AC 110's for $70 hahaha
    ... .. Stolen with spare parts!
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    I seriously couldn't believe that both people were fine with that deal lol. I am going to go buy some new media, and put all of the media from my old filters into the new ones.

My only concern is that I am going to have to slide my tank out from the wall by about 1"...

fml (but for that deal its worth it)
    The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

0 Not allowed!
    Picked up 2 of the 3 AC110's. The one that was "broken" I siliconed and will test later to have as a backup.

Had to move my tank out a little to make it fit. Took all the biomax out of the aqua-tech 30-60 and put it with the sponge and biomax the other guy gave me. Bought a new sponge, bio-max, polishing pad, and pre-filter sponge for the 2nd one I put on the tank.

These things are great, I can watch the water being pulled from the center of the tank. I just wish they made one with the intake on the far right... instead the intake for the 2nd will be near the middle of my tank and not hidden
    The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, so silicone did not work...

I then tried posting a few WTB ads in different places, looked into getting a new one. But figured I'd try one more thing before spending the money on a new one. So on Saturday, on my way home from work I hit up all the LFS to see if they had any returns, broken AC110's that they could part out for me. No Luck

Then I call one that is about a half an hour drive... so glad I did, guy goes, I think i have something, swing on down and we can try to help

Well what he had was an AC110 that came broken in the box (1 side broken at water level (4"+). The problem with mine was that it was at a weird corner and wouldn't hold well. He sold me the case, and a perfectly fine lid (which I needed) for $5!!!

Picked up some "safe for drinking water" epoxy putty on my way home, superglued the crack, and then used the whole stick of epoxy inside and out. It is working great!

So, even with being stiffed on the 3rd one I have 2 fully functional AC 110s for $61, plus if the guy on CL gets back to me, I'll pick up the 3rd and maybe try to sell it or keep it for parts
    The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread