· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goes to 11! View Post
    it is worth researching the site more extensively
    With somehow not having an earlier thought of doing that obvious thing, I just ransacked that site of information. It's very helpful. Thanks for the reference!
    Tanks: 30 gal community and 10 gal shrimp/community
    Journals Here

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentoads41 View Post
    That's good. I think I'll go with Cherries then KORITH!?!
    Also, what determines whether the shrimp can be put in the same tank together? I'm referring to the chart here.
    That chart is good to avoid different shrimp from interbreeding. If you want to have other type of shrimp in the tank you'll need to read up on each type you want to have. Some of the shrimp I keep require certain pH or kH. Some shrimp are harder to keep than others, some go thru a larval form and can be harder to raise. Replied to your pm by the way.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks man, I am definetely going with the cherries, as i have heard they are good beginner shrimp too, and i will keep researching as always! What other kinds of shrimp do you have korith? And dosing Ferts and co2 had no effect on my ghost shrimp or amanos, are cherries that much different?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentoads41 View Post
    Thanks man, I am definetely going with the cherries, as i have heard they are good beginner shrimp too, and i will keep researching as always! What other kinds of shrimp do you have korith? And dosing Ferts and co2 had no effect on my ghost shrimp or amanos, are cherries that much different?
    I use ferts and co2 on my 20g and 40g breeder, which have rcs, no issues at all. About a dozen different types of shrimp, should be able to see a list of them in my profile here. Still growing out those colonies though.

0 Not allowed!
    Korith, I wanna be put on your listed for person to ship to lol. Eventually we should swap RCS to mix some lines up

But yes red cherries are very easy shrimp to keep. I personally have found they do better in lower light and they like alder cones (or indian almond leaves) both cheap, not needed, but they seem to like them
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    Korith, I wanna be put on your listed for person to ship to lol. Eventually we should swap RCS to mix some lines up

But yes red cherries are very easy shrimp to keep. I personally have found they do better in lower light and they like alder cones (or indian almond leaves) both cheap, not needed, but they seem to like them
    Every once in a while I buy a bag rcs from the local fish club I'm in, usually just to get the java moss but the rcs end up going into my rcs tank:p I use indian almond leaves in some of the tanks, they do seem to help. A small chunk of cuttlebone is good for a source of calcium but not really needed, should be plenty to be found in the tank.

I'll tell ya something funny, I find rcs and other shrimp tend to do better when I mess with the tank less. The more I ignore the tank, and just keep to small wc's and regular feedings seem to help. A stable environment seems to help more than anything. I've even had rcs grow and breed in a completely ignored 5g bucket half filled with water.