· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Need advise on adding these fish to my 55 gallon (Pics)

0 Not allowed!
    Hi guys

I just recently got rid of my larger african cichlids and decided to only keep tangs...

In the tank right now i have one large male german bread lelelupi and 7 juvies and 4 dafodil brichardi.

I was looking to add a breeding colony of Cyathopharynx furcifer (Mbita) while still being able to raise lelelupi fry if possible.
    After looking at footage of the mbita blues i noticed they get a little larger and the male can have a pretty decent temper.

Ive had bad experiences with trying to raise lelelupi fry previously due to larger africans being in the tank so im looking for advise on what would be good tank mates for them.

The Cyathopharynx furcifer (Mbita) isnt a common fish around here so let me know any other good tank mates...

On my list to get....(If above is not recommended)

Calvus x2
    Cyprichromis leptosoma colony
    and maybe some juvies.

Heres a couple pics of my tank if it helps.

Btw im planning on crowding the numbers of lelelupi because previously my two paired off and killed thew other two, im hoping by crowding them it will spread the aggression.
    I just hope it works otherwise its going to be an expensive experiment.....

0 Not allowed!
    Overstocking a tank with a breeding pair already in the tank will probably never work in a 55. There just is not enough room for the breeding pair. If you add more to your leleupi, the pair you already have will probably kill the new ones. Like they already have. If you want to overstock to spread out aggression, you should use different species.

I am not sure what you are wanting to add ,or what it is you have right now. Your post kind of jumps around. You say you have juvies. Juvies of what?

If you could post what it is you have, and what you are wanting to add, I could probably help you with your stocking.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok so...

As mentioned above i want to add Cyathopharynx furcifer (Mbita) (1 m 3 f)

I do not have a female lelelupi anymore she died, so as you can see in the pictures i have added 7 juvie lelelupi and im hoping by those numbers (or adding more)
    i will be able to spread the aggression.

Two people have told me in that size tank it should be fine...

And just looking for general compatibility advise...

0 Not allowed!
    Adding the Cyathopharynx furcifer should be fine. As well as a couple of Calvus.

I would also think that having the numbers of Neolamprologus leleupi that you may be OK with those too.

And if you added shells, possibly a group of shellies. If you were to switch out the rocks that you have for some lace rock, then a pair of Julidochromis may work too.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Little late to this thread but just wanted to add my experience. Tangs can't be overstocked, the behave very differently from mbuna. They don't spread out aggression they just get nastier.

Also be careful of the dafodil brichardi, if a pair forms and they start breeding they will slaughter everything in the tank. They are the most insanely aggressive fish I have ever seen when breeding.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19