· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fish Room Setup

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mfinch View Post
    Putting 1 gallon of water into a 50 gallons of sump would effect the water temperature of a 200 gallon system? The new water will be added to the refugem or the pump section. The water will be cold most of the year. so in essence it will be a .5 percent water change.
    Just to illustrate... Think of swimming in a pool of 80 degree water... give me a 1 gallon bucket of 45 degree water and let me dump it on your head...
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    actually a possible solution to this would be a automatic drip fill

would take some "tweaking" to match the flows right, but have it drip about 1g per hour into the tank and then once an hour have your solenoid discharge like 99% of a gallon (to make up for the tiny amount lost to evap in that time) would take a little back and forth, but by drawing some lines on the sump with dry erase markers and having the sump only 3/4 full during testing should allow you to adjust the flow perfectly. Just pray nothing ever plugs the outlet pipe lol... if so you will slowly overflow everywhere

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    That idea is 100% doable. There is a youtube video or two putting that in... UaruJoey is the guy who has the better one i have seen.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I could create a section that fills up with water and slowly rains into the system over the hour and drain the gallon out at the beginning of the hour. The out let will be in the pump section of the pump so there will be mechanical filters, bit filters and another mechanical filter before the pump section. I will make sure the 1 gallon section where the new water is pumped in drains in over the hour. Something like a box made out of plastic that had a few very small holes that will drip into the tank.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Use a Moen thermo balanced shower rough in valve, install two soft seat inline flow check valves on the supply side prior to the valve body, one for hot, one for cold. Install a tee and a thermometer well and a thermometer of a digital device on the mixed side water. Install a full port ball valve after that. Presto. Pipe it to your tanks. About $150 depending upon the thermometer you use.