· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    No silly, mine, LOL!!
    I like that you're trying cichlids again. =] How are the Dorisgeras going? I guess I need to catch up on the yapper journals tonight.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny 
    Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    I like that you're trying cichlids again. =] How are the Dorisgeras going? I guess I need to catch up on the yapper journals tonight.
    The Dorisgeras are doing great, I now think I have two males, since the smaller one grew a little more his fins are longer and he has darker color. The bigger one still runs the whole front of the tank, the smaller one try's to challenge him once in awile but ends up running.

I kept GR's in the past, about the only cichlid I've kept besides Angelfish. I admit you have caught my interest with some of the other dwarf's.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

3. Default

4 Not allowed!
    Well, I was determined to get a pair of rams at my LFS yesterday but, he was out of them. I could have gone to pet co and found a pair but I don't like to buy my fish any place but this indy store.
    So ... I decided to make a purchase anyway. Lesson learned: Never say you are never going to do something. Because I did something I wasn't going to do. You'll see in the attached video. Please welcome: Junior. :o)

I'll get a pair of rams later for the 30. There's plenty of room in there.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 
    For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly TGIF! - wgoldfarb 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC, Junior! He's very handsome!!!
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - right now a QT, future Amano Shrimp

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    Welcome to the AC, Junior! He's very handsome!!!
    LOL Thanks Laura and man oh man is he a beauty. He's just a little guy right now. I'm eager to see what he looks like when he's fully grown. So far he hasn't figured out that my hand's the one that feeds him. Hopefully, we'll get it all worked out soon.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails

Awards Showcase

TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

3 Not allowed!
    OK, I just knew it was gonna happen...but maybe not this quickly

He's a beauty...where'd you find him?...did you just acclimate and put him in today?...if so, WHY are the lights on super-bright, and WHY are you harrassing him with that damn camera???

I am SO thrilled you went and did it...that little guy is very lucky, he has it "made in the shade" in a gorgeous tank for years to come

Well done, my dear
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

1 Not allowed!
    Beautiful boy you've bought there! I'm sure it won't take him long to figure out who the hand that feeds him is and he'll be greeting you at the front of the tank!

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny 
    Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

3 Not allowed!
    You could not wait! Good on you to get "back in the saddle" already, very nice looking Betta, and this tank may be the best looking of the three!!
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

9. Default

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    OK, I just knew it was gonna happen...but maybe not this quickly

He's a beauty...where'd you find him?...did you just acclimate and put him in today?...if so, WHY are the lights on super-bright, and WHY are you harrassing him with that damn camera???

I am SO thrilled you went and did it...that little guy is very lucky, he has it "made in the shade" in a gorgeous tank for years to come

Well done, my dear
    Thanks Matt. He was at my LFS. I got him yesterday so no worries. I drip acclimated then left the lights off.
    Turned them on for a while this morning (after daylight) then again tonight.
    I was soo not going to get another betta. But when there were no GBR's I figured it was a sign. and I've never seen a half moon before in person - he just wore me down, the longer I looked at him :o)

10. Default

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmerlin21 View Post
    Beautiful boy you've bought there! I'm sure it won't take him long to figure out who the hand that feeds him is and he'll be greeting you at the front of the tank!
    Thanks. He sure stopped me in my tracks :o)
    Yeah, I hope so. So far, he doesn't get it. but I fed extra flakes tonight to the neons and endlers and he didn't hesitate to get right in the mix and chow down. At least I know he's eating. And if he wants flakes, that's fine by me. I'll keep trying the betta food and I'm sure he'll eventually figure it out.

Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast