· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default planning my cycle

0 Not allowed!
    hello,
    so as some of you know i got a great deal of Craigslist for the equipment for my also used 10 gallon tank.
    i got 10 lbs of gravel.
    2 heaters which i don't know what watt they are ( about 50-150 ) a guess
    an aqua clear 30 filter. for 25 bucks
    so any way i am going to swap the aqua clear 20 in my 20 gallon with the 30.
    so i want to setup the 10 with the aqua clear 20, gravel, 1 heater and some artificial silk plants and keep it simple.
    so far i definitely want a Betta in there and so far want only a single male betta. ( i am open to suggestions for something to go along with the betta )
    oh yaa... the reason i opened this journal is to record all the things i am going to do to this tank on it.
    and if i make a mistake hopefully you guys will catch it.
    this thread will be inactive for quite a while because i won't start to cycle it for a while.

0 Not allowed!
    well already i have a question.
    when i got the aqua clear 30 it had some brown crud or i think algae in it.
    i got most of it out with hot water and a paper towel.
    but some of the corners are hard to get around.
    can some of it be left on there.
    i will get some pictures if needed

0 Not allowed!
    Can I move this to another form. Because whenever I go to something besides general aquarium thread it takes a long time for someone to reply

0 Not allowed!
    That sounds like mulm to me. You can use a wet q-tip to get at those crevices. Either way, it won't hurt anything. Good luck with everything!
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA 
    Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl 
    Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus 
    Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vafa View Post
    Can I move this to another form. Because whenever I go to something besides general aquarium thread it takes a long time for someone to reply
    You are in the right forum, continue to post here, we will see it and reply when we can.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    rsz_img_0058.jpgrsz_img_0059.jpgi does not look like mulm. it looks like brown algae.
    here are some pics what does it look like to you?

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like dried remnants of dirty mulm to me.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA 
    Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl 
    Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus 
    Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    ^^ looks like dried remnants of mulm to me too
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    ok thank you,
    my plan is to remove my media from my ac 20 and put it in my ac 30. then one by one i want to change the ac 20 media with ac 30 media.
    then put it in the ac20 in the 10 gallon tank as seeded meida
    Last edited by vafa; 05-16-2013 at 11:27 PM.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    just now i rinsed out the gravel and put it in the tank.
    the gravel which is used was very course and had bits of dead plants and string in it.
    my plan is to fill the water up today and set-up the heater.
    then add a pinch of flakes to start creating ammonia.
    by tommorow i am hoping the flake would have started rotting and give me ammonia so i can add 1/3 of the media i am going to put in there.
    next week i'll add the second piece of the puzzle.
    and the week after that i will put the last piece and have a cycled tank.
    still want to add a betta but i want to add 5 or 6 neon tetra's to the tank.
    what are the chances that the betta will get along with the neon tetra's?