This is for a 55 gallon tank, going almost three years now.

I did a lot of searching before I decided to get some German Blue Rams, and it seems that most people just keep one pair. But some people recommended a harem. So after a lot of deliberation, I decided to try to get one male and three females.

I've had them three days now, and I think one of the females is dead, because I can only find the male and two of the females at any given time. One of the females is always close to the male, so I think they have paired up. The other female follows them around, but at a distance. Or else just stays alone. She seems kind of lonely, so I'm wondering if it would be better to get another female to keep her company. I think introducing another male could cause problems with the male I already have. So I would rather have spare females instead of two male/female pairs.

But I haven't really been able to find threads that address this, so what do you guys think? Perhaps she is better off just being a loner.

(Oh, and the other inhabitants of the tank are 3 Angelfish, 1 Upside Down Catfish, and 12 Black Neon Tetras.)