· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Talking What is on my discus????

0 Not allowed!
    One of my discus has a tiny white spot. It's been there for roughly 2-3 days, that I've noticed. It isn't a bunch of white spots, just one spot.

The best way I can think to describe it, is it looks like a "zit" on the side of my discus. I haven't seen anything spread. I use a parasite terminator when I water change to keep worms away. That's the only thing I can think of is that it may be a worm protruding (I've only read about this happening and have never seen it).

Has anyone seen something like this before??
    Good Tankin' & Take Care!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Could be a worm or a leach. treat with an anti parasitic medicine.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    that's what I'm leaning towards... she may have hit the log in my tank too. I know sometimes they will chase and end up scuffing the log.

I will treat my food and water and see if there is a difference.

Do you know where these things come from???

I haven't added any new fish or plants in over 3 months. Haven't had any issues. Only thing added is my nutrients, food, fertz, and fresh water.

0 Not allowed!
    Can you possibly get a picture? If it looks like a Zit then I'd highly doubt an external parasite of any kind.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Where exactly is it? (face, forehead, lateral line, by anal fin, etc.)

If you have discus, and expecially in this situation, I highly suggest reading the article in my blog on HITH/HLLE. With discus with a 'zit' the first thing that comes to mind is hole in the head (HITH).
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

6. Talking

0 Not allowed!
    I have read the article from your blog :), which I thought it was very good. Thank you for that, I still do use a little bit of carbon to polish the water but don't use it as a main source of media. It isn't hole in the head either.

This is about a 1/4 inch below the lateral line and I would say about a 1/4 inch(in the body) from the begining of the analfin. So.. just under middle back side of her. Does that make sense??

I put some parasitic medicine in the tank yesterday, and today the spot is still there but it looks to be almost "dried out". The previous days, it has looked like a small smooth "zit" on her. Today it appears more like a chunk of salt stuck to her there. I hope this means it is going away. It is only on the one side of the fish too. I've inspected all of my other fish and nothing is on them.

I will try to get a picture too.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Perhaps it is only one of the scale which had been displace during a rough incounter with something?
    Sometimes our platies shows things like that...

And stupid question.... what is a "zit"?
    21 gal: 4 Ornate, 7 Pencilfish, 1 Oto, 7 Amano, 1 Peckoltia-10 gal: 4 Betta rutilans, 6 Galaxy, 1 Cherry, 1 Hillstream -5 gal: 2 Endlers, snail, tiger shrimp-15 gal: 2 Peckoltia, 6 threadfin R.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    like a little pimple or blackhead... an infected skin pore.

Maybe I should put a little noxema or clean&clear on my fish.... joking!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here are the pics of my fish...

I've outlined what I'm trying to show... sorry if the quality inhibits being able to tell what it is. The fist picture is to show you the location on the fish and the second is a sideview picture that I was able to capture.

Thanks for the help!

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Damian%20Ochsner/Desktop/location.JPG[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Damian%20Ochsner/Desktop/location.JPG[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Hopefully it is just a scrape that is infected and not HITH, which the second pic does look like.

What medication are you using?
    Have you tried no carbon?
    Nitrate concentration?

For polishing the water you want a fine mechanical media like polyester pillow stuffing, not a chemical media like carbon. If you are doing enough water changes you should see no problems with not using carbon.
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.