· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Jack Dempsey Early pairing?

0 Not allowed!
    How early can you notice Jack Dempsey's pairing off? Mine are very small right now and they will not separate.
    Also, they sometimes dance with each other it looks like while staring at each other. It's insane and fun to watch.

One of them changes colors all the time to a darker color and the other does not. I am not sure what is going on.

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Mine paired quite young and they were only about 2.5 - 3" long at the time. Eggs didn't come til they were a bit over 3" tho.
    The darker, colour changing one will be your female.
    You'll want to start watching for acts of aggression now, territory may start to become an issue, depending on the size of your tank and what other fish are in there.
    My one female got quite brutal, and she was in a 4' tank.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheamurai View Post
    Mine paired quite young and they were only about 2.5 - 3" long at the time. Eggs didn't come til they were a bit over 3" tho.
    The darker, colour changing one will be your female.
    You'll want to start watching for acts of aggression now, territory may start to become an issue, depending on the size of your tank and what other fish are in there.
    My one female got quite brutal, and she was in a 4' tank.
    I think I'm a bit screwed if they start to breed. There is a green terror in there with them. o.O

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    and a yellow lab cichlid...

if they start to even think about pairing up to spawn, they will kill everything in that tank. fish get protective when the spawn, and you already have overly aggressive fish in a small tank.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzoutank View Post
    and a yellow lab cichlid...

if they start to even think about pairing up to spawn, they will kill everything in that tank. fish get protective when the spawn, and you already have overly aggressive fish in a small tank.
    Getting rid of the yellow lab cichlid, I am not parting with the JD's + Green terror though. Getting a bigger tank

(in time)

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Im sorry to hear that... I hope they dont spawn for everyones sake.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    mine paired up when they were very young too , and they will wreak havoc on others if they do spawn so keep your eyes wide and good luck.
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.