· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   For educating everyone on sumps! - ~firefly~   For your upcoming tetra school. It may say Neon but the red strip goes all the way forward hence Cardinal. - Strider199   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mrramsey   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - mrramsey   

Default Tank mates for Serpae Tetras

0 Not allowed!
    Looking for suggestions for tank mates for Serpae tetras. Since the vast majority of my cardinals died I am going to do a school of Serpae tetras. I think I will move the remaining 5 cardinals into my 55 along with the danios, black skirts and red eye tetras. I will move my 6 Serpae from the 55 to the 72 and add another 12 for a school of 18. It's a start. I like the serapes but they are probably the most aggressive fish I have. So it begs the question... What else to go with them? I still plan to add ottos or cories, but want another school along with the Serpae.

My sig has both of my tanks listed as well as the current stock. I am open to suggestions as to adding stock and or segregating what I have to best suit the fish.
    Mike
    120g Mixed Reef In Progress
    120g Reef Journal
    55g Freshwater - Out of Service
    My 55g Tank Remodel Project
    72g Bowfront -Out of Service

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep friend :) - Compass   Merry Christmas! - rebecca_finny   Thanks for the rep! - AmazonJoe   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   

0 Not allowed!
    I would put a nice sized group of columbian tetra, black phantom tetra, or buenos aires tetra.
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

> - korith   Someone who treats clowns with respect deserves one. - talldutchie   Good luck with your FF teams this season! - Slaphppy7   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA   

0 Not allowed!
    I keep my serpae tetras with some zebras, bristlenose, angelfish, clown loaches, and a couple ottos. I have 20 of them and have not had aggression problems. I have seen others on here have problems though.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

More coffee for your nose :-) - Taurus   Happy Mothers day :) - steeler58   A book for compleating your's ;-) - steeler58   Happy Birthday USA on the 4th! Hope you are well :-) - Taurus   A geo because i miss yours! - Sandz   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishmommie   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - fishmommie   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishmommie   

0 Not allowed!
    + to honey badger. I have a school of long fin serpaes with my school of colombian tetras. it's been a nice mix. the serpaes don't bother the CT and visa versa. nice color contrast too. also have cory cats and a BNP in the tank.
    30 g FW planted:corys, female ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies,
    15 g FW planted:2 male guppies, neons, pygmy corys, clown pleco, 4 types of shrimp, assassin snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    I could see Congo tetras going well with these.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Tx for all the info on tetras!  I really want some African red-eyes now :) - angelcraze2   Thanks for letting me hang out with you - Taurus   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Congrats on the post count! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for all of the Cory threads - Silbar   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to all the above.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Rummynose are my favorite and they would be a nice contrast. Different body style than the Serpaes.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   For educating everyone on sumps! - ~firefly~   For your upcoming tetra school. It may say Neon but the red strip goes all the way forward hence Cardinal. - Strider199   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mrramsey   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - mrramsey   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks or all of the input. I went to petco but hey only had a couple of columbians and a few serpaes. I will check a few places today.
    Mike
    120g Mixed Reef In Progress
    120g Reef Journal
    55g Freshwater - Out of Service
    My 55g Tank Remodel Project
    72g Bowfront -Out of Service

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    denison barbs aka roseline barb aka torpedo barb.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for having so many tanks :) - NanoTankGuy   For being a good teacher and helping to educate me! - chel   They didn't have any platys so I got you a pleco! lol - Northernguy   For you mate. - mac   Thanks for all your help and input regarding setting up my 55 gallon!!! - emilyekk   

0 Not allowed!
    Denison barbs need a 6 foot tank, in my opinion. I wouldn't put mine in less - they get fairly large and are pretty active. Too, they swim in the bottom half of the tank - same region as the serpaes.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10