· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 gallon setup

Hybrid View

1. Default 10 gallon setup

0 Not allowed!
    ok i have a Male betta in a 5.5 gallon setup but i been thinking about makeing him a bigger tank with live plants so i figured a 10 or even a 15 gallon for him cause of plants.anyways i was wondering which type of plants i can house with him. At the moment in this 5 gallon he has a baby sword plant i kind of just stuck it in there cause the mother one in the 56 gallon i have keeps giving me tons n tons of babies that im just having to throw them away now.he also has a moss ball and some weird plant it was labled "betta plant" it looks like a type of stringy sword plant. basically my question is:

What type of plants can i put in a 10 gallon that my HalfMoon betta will like?
    Also if any types of fish i can put in there with him for plants?(like shrimp or cories?)
    Is it better just to have betta and no others in there?
    56 Gallon Planted Tetra based Community Tank.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-6Cardinal Tetra-8,Panda Cory-1(whisker issues),emerald cory-5"
    "(1) Angelfish,,1 Zebra Nerite"
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Moss,Java Ferns,Dwarf Hair Grass
    10 Gallon with a betta,3oto

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie 
    .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    There are some options. I have seen Neons do ok with a betta (depending on the disposition of the betta). I would assume dwarf corries might do ok with the same side bar... Shrimp should be ok too.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah my problem was im not sure how he would act to another fish he kind of been living with his snail friend only lol.n then he lays around on his fake plants and mossball all the time.he also loves laying on the big leaves of the amazon sword baby thats in there so i was looking for plants with big leaves that can go in a 10 gallon ._.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-6Cardinal Tetra-8,Panda Cory-1(whisker issues),emerald cory-5"
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Moss,Java Ferns,Dwarf Hair Grass

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Pigmy cories will work in a 10 gallon, just give them a cave. Embers/neons do ok with a betta, just plant it well. Here is my future 10 gallon stocking:
    1 betta
    5 pigmy cories
    5 ember tetra

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    k but now what about plant wise? for a 10 gallon?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Rather than getting plants that grow straight up, get a kind that has good sized leaves and leans to the side a little. You can still have regular plants for the other fish but it helps to get the betta a plant it will appreciate.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think a heavy Anubias 10G would look great, IMO you just can't go wrong with it, unless you have soft water.

Endangered Species 150G Journal
    Discus Grow Out 65G Journal

'No disrespect intended, but I tell it like it is.'

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    no to get soft i have to make it myself otherwise its pretty hard on water cause it comes straight from the well.used google to look at anubias they look like a pretty good choice for my lazy betta to lay all over.

0 Not allowed!
    You might think about adding a dwarf lilly or tiger lotus. Bettas love making bubble nests under the lilly pads and it gives them some coverage. They'll also utilize the lower leaves for sitting on.

As for tank mates: I have 8 oto cats in with mine, and they do perfectly fine together. I also have Amano shrimp, Rabbit snails and a Nerite snail. The Betta did give chase in the beginning, when I added the Amano shrimp - they were much smaller then (about .5"). When they reach 1+" you'll be fine and see much more of them.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to the Lilly/ tiger lotus. Completely forgot about those.

Endangered Species 150G Journal
    Discus Grow Out 65G Journal

'No disrespect intended, but I tell it like it is.'