· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: my pond

Thank you for the rep - mommy1 You need some of these. - mommy1 One more for your AC tank. - mommy1 You are an amazing young man!  Keep up the good work. - mommy1 Bravo! - Rue 
    Great job educating the public! - Slaphppy7 

Default my pond

4 Not allowed!
    is somewhere between 1500 and 2000 gallons. It is still a work in progress. I have to add the 2x12 redwood bench seat and the pictures are about a month old an i am currently building a chicken coop right next to the pond. I am not going to panel the pump and filter enclosure until the coop is completed because i want them to match. I am going to do it at the same time. I am also going to add a tin roof that matches the chicken coop on the pump house. It is 5 feet by 10 feet by almost 5 feet deep. I have an es3500 pump and a bottom drain. The filter is supposed to be a moving bed filter, but i have been having some problems. I used cheap chinese bio balls that do not fluidize properly and i have an underpowered air pump. I am replacing the bio balls with k3 kaldnes and i am waiting for a more powerful air pump to come in the mail. I have recieved the 4 cubic feet of k3 kaldnes that i ordered. I created a prefilter basket out of egg crate/lighting diffuser and it is held in there by zip ties. I have also had some problems with debris getting caught up in the pump, so i have a priming pot with a basket that i am going to install right before the pump. Photos are attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When you have a 12-inch bowl and a fish that gets up to 15 inches, it's obviously not going to fit.

1 Not allowed!
    Very nice!

I'd love to have something like that one day.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the new job! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the rep! - Wolfgang To help get you started on your SW adventure! - Silbar Congrats! New fish, safely delevered - RiversGirl Congrats on doing so well at your new job! - Silbar 
    Have a Merry Christmas - Silbar Merry Christmas - steeler58 Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year and I hope you Xmas was wonderful - Taurus You need a ram for your breeding project :) - angelcraze2 
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe 

1 Not allowed!
    I love it. I can't wait to see the bench in the picture when it's added.

20 gal tall - 6 rasbora het, 7 rummy tetras, 2 glowlight tetras, 2 oto cats, 1 zebra nerite, 1 assassin snail, Planted tank.

10 gal tank - java moss carpet, 1 piece of spider wood with java moss and 1 young crypto plant attached to it, 1 CT Male betta - Basara, cherry shrimp, and olive nerite

5 gallon Betta tank - planted tank and 1 moss ball, Helios (HM BETTA MALE), 1 endlers male, 1 assassin snail

Thank you for the rep - mommy1 You need some of these. - mommy1 One more for your AC tank. - mommy1 You are an amazing young man!  Keep up the good work. - mommy1 Bravo! - Rue 
    Great job educating the public! - Slaphppy7 

2 Not allowed!
    The water is green right now and i have to fix the filter overflow. It was a design flaw. I was using bio balls, but i am switching to k3 kaldnes. I will post pictures once it clears up. I am building a chicken coop next to it, so when that is done, i will finish the pump and filter enclosure. It is definitely still a work in progress. I am going to add a priming pot to keep debris from getting caught in the impeller of the pump.
    When you have a 12-inch bowl and a fish that gets up to 15 inches, it's obviously not going to fit.

6. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Hi, CC. How is this coming? I'd be very interested to see your progress.

0 Not allowed!
    Marvellous job @carpcharacin, really its a great idea you have accomplished. I love all the arrrangement around your Pond is perfect and beautiful. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful photos.

Awards Showcase

Thx for the rep - kingkarter merry xmas XD - genocidex for your kind words! - C-Dub Welcome Skinner! - Rue Happy Holidays! - Rue 
    Happy B-Day! - Rue T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Season's Greetings! - Rue Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Chickens and fish! I've always liked chickens -- we had them when I was a kid. I do hope your neighborhood doesn't have a lot of cats.
    20 gal. high: planted; 7 white cloud minnows, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 3 yellow glofish,, 3 zebra danios, 1 rosy red (fathead) minnow, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, several snails; AC110.