· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default what is your matinence routine?

0 Not allowed!
    hi,
    i was just wondering the different opinions on maintenance routines.
    1 how often and how much water is removed with your water changes?
    2 how often do you "clean your filter"?
    3 how often do you vacuum your gravel?
    4 any other maintenance routines
    answers for my tank

1) 25% water changes every week. once in a while i do a 50%
    2) once a month
    3) every week along with water changes.
    4) use a a magnet to clean out algae every 2 weeks

0 Not allowed!
    1. once a week, approx. 30-40%
    2. backflushing once every two weeks, thorough cleaning whenever flow drops or I feel like it
    3. once a week
    4. canister filter tube cleaning every 3-4 weeks, plant fertilization every week after water change, refilling and cleaning DIY CO2 system every 2-3 weeks.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    1. Once a week 50-75%
    2. every 3 months
    3. never-I have sand
    4. Every 6mo I use prazi pro to deworm

0 Not allowed!
    I change about 75% weekly.

I clean about 1/3 of the substrate with each weekly water change

I clean each canister filter about once a month (never both at the same time)

I clean the canister tubes about once every 3 or 4 months
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I change from 50 - 75% weekly. Occasionally I'll add a mid-week water change
    I generally vac 1/2 of the substrate with each weekly water change
    I only clean the HOB filters if the flow slows down or if I see they are particularly gunky.
    I clean the canister every 3 - 4 months
    I've only cleaned the canister tubes once in an 8 month period. I MUST get better at that.
    I dose the tank with prazi pro 2 X a year as a precaution.
    Also remove rocks and plants and clean with bleach solution when diatoms get ugly - more often than I'd like, usually monthly
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i do about 60% a week in two water changes i have a 110g 25g every 3-4 days and clean out my filters every 3 months or so. Its been working for me. I dont reccommend big water changes at once if you have a heavy stock as i came to experience it messes with the bio media which have gave me problems in the past.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    i do at least 50% WC every week on all my tanks, scrub any algae i see, i clean my filters on an as remember basis in old tank water. daily dose of co2 booser, weekly water column ferts (speaking of that.... oops) and every 3/4 months i root tab.
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

0 Not allowed!
    well every body does more water changes than me. should i do more water changes. i was thinking doing 2 water changes of 25% over the weekend. is that good enough?

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    50%% water change a week during winter, with gravel vac

75% water change a week during the summer, with gravel vac

Cold water only used during water change

Feed fish epsom salt soaked pellets every 6 months to help with intestinal flagellates

1 tablespoon of powder Rid-X septic waste treatment per 75 g every 2 weeks (dissolved in tank water and mixed in a pitcher) to help slow down nitrate production.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    1) 75% to 90% once a week on regular tanks; 90% every day when i have fish in the hospital tank.
    2) i gently shake out the filters in the old tank water every week and squeeze out my foam intake covers
    3) do about half the tank's gravel every two weeks
    4) i do a little algae scraping with an old credit card on the glass every week on the obviously visible accumulations; a full-on cleaning of ornaments and glass once a month to make it spotless BEFORE the water change so i suck up the junk floating around after i do it. i swear by the old credit card technique haha. i use a scrubber on the glass once a month to try and keep the white mineral build up in check.