· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

Default ideas on a small tank set up

0 Not allowed!
    well sad news is, we have to put my GF's dog down today at 1. he is almost 11yrs old and was born with a heart defect so i guess he had a long life considering they gave him 5 yrs when he was born. but now she wants a pet she can care for and love but not get too attached to it, so she thought a fish would be good.

so i have a 29, 10, 5.5g tank spare, we are trying to keep the 29 down due to cost of running it. (might just say forget it and still set it up...) but i was thinking of setting up the 10g with live plants and doing a solo fish idea. i was thinking one of the following:

classic betta
    pea puffer
    ADF
    D. gourami

or a single school of fish:
    neons
    Dario dario
    Celestial Pearl Danio

any of those think it wouldnt work in a 10g tank?
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

0 Not allowed!
    Condolences! No neons that tank is too small! Betta will be tge most pet like I think.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 

0 Not allowed!
    weird i thought neons would be fine in a 10g... but then again i havent kept them since i was like 10 and then it was 5 in a 10g with no water changes and stuff
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!

0 Not allowed!
    I kept 43 neons in my planted 29 gallon and it has been my favorite tank so far. Although small, danio's are prolific swimmers where neons are not. I honestly don't see why a dozen neons can't be kept in that 10 gallon but running the 10 is not much difference than running the 29. I would set up the 29 myself and kept the 10 as your quarantine tank. Then if you wanted to add something else you could. My 29 is now neons,cherry barbs and shrimp. I have a hard time trying to find anything to put in my 10 gallon so it's shoved under my bed.

Do you like the tang shell dwellers at all? They are pretty neat and only require shells in the tank.

0 Not allowed!
    i also think a small school of neons is good for a 10 gallon.
    i like the Betta idea too.
    the only dwarf gourmai i can think of that can go in a 10 is a honey gourmai.
    even that would be crowded for a gourmai.
    i would either go with a betta or a small group of neon's
    sorry about your dog

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    yeah i would love to do my 29g with shellies, but the closest reliable seller of those is about 45miles one way trip.... so im trying to stay with easier to find fish. i know at least 1 of the LFS here sells everything on that list i gave lol.
    she doesnt want to do anything too big for the first tank but i do see us moving them up one day lol.
    gotta love them bunnies!

0 Not allowed!
    IMO neons need at least 60cm to have room to swim, hunt and explore. Any less and you see pretty sedate and tame behaviour.

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    I have seen a lot of great set ups in 10 gal. I have even seen betta's with neons that worked out long term. Heck I have seen kribensis pairs in 10 gal tanks. To mandate a 2ft tank, eh I can see that being "better" and with reserve to numbers but a 6-10 school of neons in a 10 gallon can work long term.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    yea i was going to stay under a dozen for any of those schools. but im going to let her decide when she is ready
    gotta love them bunnies!

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    So sorry about the dog. Glad your going with the Neon Idea, sound advice everyone. For something new you could try Green neons; if you can find them. I'm going to order 17 more for my 55 gal.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep