· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default Which liquid fert for my plants?

0 Not allowed!
    I have java ferns growing off driftwood, duckweed, water sprite, water fern, and banana plants that aren't getting any nutrients atm so what would you guys recommend? I'm rocking 36watts of 6700k t-5 and I noticed my rooted plants took off when I added root tabs so I wanna pick some liquid stuff up to feed them.
    Long time fish keeper most experience with CA/SA cichlids, natives like sunfish, and aggressive catfish.
    Currently have a 29g planted with 14 candy cane tetras, 6 sterbai corys, 6 melini corys, a rescued Siamese fighting fish and 1 mustache wearing albino longfin pleco.

0 Not allowed!
    I use a dry fert mix from aquariumfertilizer.com - there micro / macro mix. A 1lb bag will last more than a year, its like $20 shipped. I used 1ml per 10g of water in my 55 and have good results. I also use metricide 14 for a liquid CO2 additive

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You think I'd benefit from a liquid co2 additive? Plant wise I have no more room to plant anymore on the bottom at this point and the top is full of floating plants. The driftwood is also covered in java fern or pothos; so I guess it would be considered a heavily planted tank now.

I also have very little algae as well; compared to my old tanks I almost have none at all so I don't want to mess it up and get an algae bloom but I do want to see the plants really excel.
    Long time fish keeper most experience with CA/SA cichlids, natives like sunfish, and aggressive catfish.
    Currently have a 29g planted with 14 candy cane tetras, 6 sterbai corys, 6 melini corys, a rescued Siamese fighting fish and 1 mustache wearing albino longfin pleco.

0 Not allowed!
    I really don't think a liquid CO2 can hurt, I dose 6ml in my 55 daily, 1 50% water change a week, and right after the water change I dose 20ml.

But I don't think its needed... just seems to promote faster growth.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thx a lot for the advice I picked up the dry mix you said and got a co2 additive It's api since the site I used didn't have metricide but it's the same thing.

Can't wait to see my tanks plants really take off; they are growing well already I can only imagine what will happen.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just got my micro macro mix and the site says to start with 1 drop per gallon which I did (half a teaspoon for my 29g); you said you use 6ml a day and 20ml after a 50% change. Starting out it says to stick to 1 drop per gallon for 2-3 weeks and go from there.

How much should I dose after I do my 2 weekly water changes (tues and sat) of 10g from my 29g? since I'm just starting out.