· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Question nutrafin tropical extract

0 Not allowed!
    hi guys,
    i have used a product called nutrafin tropical extract.
    i don't anymore because i don't think it is useful to me.
    now a friend tells me it will be perfect to my tank.
    here is a description of it
    Nutrafin Tropical Extracts, Natural Tropical Black Water Conditioner, 250 mL contains a natural tropical blend of humic and tannic acids in combination with tropical almond leaf and oak leaf extracts. These special leaf extracts are included to ensure a natural component present in many soft acidic tropical fish environments found in South America and Asia. Nutrafin Tropical Extracts will impart a mild natural amber tint to the water, highly effective in regards to providing natural conditions that ensure tetras, barbs, gouramis, rasboras, loaches, South American cichlids species (angelfish, discus, etc.) and others will display their maximum colour potential.
    now my question is is this any good.
    is it a temporary thing that evaporates or is it gonna stay in there. (for ph balance)
    thanks

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vafa View Post
    now my question is is this any good. Never used it.
    is it a temporary thing that evaporates or is it gonna stay in there. (for ph balance)
    thanks
    IF you happen to be an aquarist that changes your water... It won't stay there.

Know what I mean?
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    so you mean whenever i change my water it gone. well at least what i took out.
    but what if i add that to the water i am replaceing.
    i mean stay there as in not one of those ph tabs that just goes away in an hour.
    the only reason i am considering using the product is that i like the tinted look in the water that it provides.
    does this change anything? thanks

0 Not allowed!
    Unless you keep [buying &] adding that stuff the WC will remove it yeah. If you really like the look of tannin stained water.. Get yourself a HUGE chunk of DW the stump in my hundred kept my water yea colored for months lol.

What do you mean 'For Ph balance'? is this for aesthetics or are you trying to drop your pH? A link to the product would be good too.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    the product is supposed to "release tanins in the water to make the water a tanned color and the same tannis are suppose to give it a soft acidic feel. i'm not doing it for the acidic water but for the tanned water. Can i try a bottle of this stuff and if it doesn't look good i will buy driftwood. the problem with driftwood is i can't put much in there. i don't have much room in my tank.
    here is a link to the stuff.http://www.hagenservice.de/site/prod...Language=en_EN

0 Not allowed!
    It's a blackwater extract. Quite a few species will appreciate that. On water that's anything but soft it will have little to no effect on your ph.

You can make these extracts yourself by boiling some beach and oak leafs in water. Or you can get the same effect by putting in the tank a few alder cones that have been boiled for a minute. Adding catappa leafs will also stain the water and release some anti-oxidants that may well have a positive effect on the fish' health

0 Not allowed!
    i'm going to try it out.
    i would rather try to do it myself but i scared i will mess up or something.
    i will give it a try thanks