· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Blue Ram compatibly

0 Not allowed!
    To finish off my tank I'm planning on a blue ram, however I'm also thinking about adding a school of 8 harlies. Right now the tank has 10 bloodfins and has two AC30s for filtration. Would this stock work together?
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty

0 Not allowed!
    Compatibility wise it should. The rams and the harlies do love a bit of blackwater feel though. Some cover, bit of wood, leaf litter...

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've got some wood and several groups of plants with more to come while they would be in QT. I'm trying to see if I can find some floating plants locally and have been thinking about adding those leaves you and Kevin were talking about in his journal. My main concern is would the tank be to crowded stocking this way?
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a blue ram in my 36 gallon community tank along with Harleys, cardinal Tetras and Cory cats. The ram is very territorial and terrorizes my Cory cats. I am looking for a pet store that will take him.

0 Not allowed!
    Yea, they seem to be hit or miss. My cories are ok with my 5, but I think it's because the males are more concerned with each other. I think having 1 in a tank would be ok. A pair would be too aggressive during breeding

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Limming View Post
    I've got some wood and several groups of plants with more to come while they would be in QT. I'm trying to see if I can find some floating plants locally and have been thinking about adding those leaves you and Kevin were talking about in his journal. My main concern is would the tank be to crowded stocking this way?
    That's your 20g? I'd consider it overcrowded yes. Rams and bloodfins would leave in my opinion no room in the middle water zone and very little room at all. But, that's an opinion.

0 Not allowed!
    I would agree with talldutchie on this one - along with a Ram I think both of those groups of fish would be overstocking - but again, that's opinion : )
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That's what I'm starting to believe also... Any suggestions for a fish that would stay near the top? The upper part of the tank looks empty with bloodfins staying more the middle third and the ram being in the lower third. I was think about hatchets but with the space in the back of my hood for filters and a heater I think its to much room for them to jump. I've also thought about a kilifish but the only ones available to me are golden wonders and I think those get to big.

0 Not allowed!
    Is there a fairly recent full tank shot anywhere?

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    DSC08860_zpsb8d86749.jpg

I'm going to move things around to create more open space this weekend and well be putting aniumbas nana on the piece of wood on the right after I move the java fern to my 29 gallon. I've also removed that ugly thermometer on the side of the tank.