· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    +1000000 to Sandz.

This is what I did when I was evaluating getting a new car or keeping my old beater.
    Got 5 offers from dealers and various websites for how much the car is worth. (dealer vs private and evaluate the local used car markets)
    I then compared all area's of owning a car.
    gas, insurance, loan payments, apr%, inspection, cost of tires, cost of average maintenance repairs, license fees/sales tax/other random things they try and get you when you buy a new car/end of year taxes.
    I then took that out to 1yr/3yr/5yr/10yr costs.

If it was favorable to get a new car with all that information-then do it. if not, then I couldn't justify a new car at my current stage in life.

People are different, you seem to value the car at a price rather than a thing that gets you from point A to point B. and that is perfectly fine.

If you can't purchase a car outright, then you are "technically in debt with the loan payments" so that's up to you on how to view debt. (good vs bad and how to minimize the risk)

0 Not allowed!
    Randomness -----

So, I'm 25 right now and I'm really finding this thread to be educational!

Thanks all!
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

Awards Showcase

thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug 
    Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne 
    Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai 
    Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog Cheers - Cliff Merry Christmas! - Plecos 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    My opinion will be of no value...I drive my cars until I throw them out - pretty much...

I'm car shopping now...but not quite sure if now's the time - so I'm busy waffling. This time I'd like to buy brand new...mostly because...just for once...I'd like to pick the colour of something I drive for 10+ years...lol.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ^I didnt even get to pick the color of the one new car I have had. It was a leftover model year so no choice. Picked it for the large price break, also have a gm credit card that runs promos to get up to an extra 1,000 off just for using your points.

Wr are hoping to go another 2 years before we have to have a car payment again.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Not so sure I understand the reasoning.

Afraid to drive the car because it is too nice. Yet not afraid to trade it in for someone else to drive as they please. Willing to involve yet another 20 K into this situation for a less luxurious auto from the same manufacturer. True 6 years newer but still a 3 year old and still spending more coin. I would just keep making the payments and take it and have it detailed for $200 and drive it with a smile on my face. It's a nicer ride than the newer car could ever be. It's almost yours and you seem to enjoy it. Drive it.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian Woods Angels View Post
    Not so sure I understand the reasoning.

Afraid to drive the car because it is too nice. Yet not afraid to trade it in for someone else to drive as they please. Willing to involve yet another 20 K into this situation for a less luxurious auto from the same manufacturer. True 6 years newer but still a 3 year old and still spending more coin. I would just keep making the payments and take it and have it detailed for $200 and drive it with a smile on my face. It's a nicer ride than the newer car could ever be. It's almost yours and you seem to enjoy it. Drive it.
    Im going to do that and just make up my mind when im done with the payments. I like to stay up to date with technology and cars if i can and getting a newer car 2010 or above would pretty much guarantee i would stick with that car until the next decade at the least.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

Awards Showcase

Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 
    Merry Christmas - steeler58 Here's to the holidays! - Slaphppy7 Happy holidays! - rebecca_finny Merry Christmas (Santa Loves Pie) ;-) - Taurus Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I promise you value and technology on the car didnt change enough to make it worth it. Reconsider in 2020. Save enough to buy new and what you want.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's