· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

Question Fuzzy stuff on Manzanita

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry if i I posted in the wrong area but I noticed a bit of this fuzzy stuff growing on my manzanita wood so I removed it and rinsed it off (tap water and a paper towel) and a few days later, it's back. Does anyone have any what this is and how to remove it?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I get that on new wood sometimes... It's harmless and will go away on its own.
    Mike
    120g Mixed Reef In Progress
    120g Reef Journal
    55g Freshwater - Out of Service
    My 55g Tank Remodel Project
    72g Bowfront -Out of Service

0 Not allowed!
    Yep. Good chance the nerites will start eating it.

0 Not allowed!
    +1 I've had that on new wood, although mine was very dark grey fuzz that grew in a cotton wool ball type thing. I removed it easily with a long thin stick I use for poking things in the tank (not fish!) (without removing the wood) and it only came back once more.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrramsey View Post
    I get that on new wood sometimes... It's harmless and will go away on its own.
    I'm breathing a sigh of relief here, thanks! btw I've been reading your 72g journal and trying to learn as much as I can about how you set the sump up. Really appreciate the detail and photos!!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    Yep. Good chance the nerites will start eating it.
    You're spot on about the nerites, I've noticed they are on the wood more than the glass & gravel lately, I actually took a couple nice photos of them on the branches

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~ View Post
    +1 I've had that on new wood, although mine was very dark grey fuzz that grew in a cotton wool ball type thing. I removed it easily with a long thin stick I use for poking things in the tank (not fish!) (without removing the wood) and it only came back once more.

Lol!, I have a long grabbie thing I use to trim the plants, will have to see if i can pull the fuzzy stuff off with it. Hoping it goes away soon :D

0 Not allowed!
    Grows on new wood. My fish LOVE it. They think it's a wonderful treat. I just let them eat it at their leisure, and the rest will go away eventually.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK View Post
    Grows on new wood. My fish LOVE it. They think it's a wonderful treat. I just let them eat it at their leisure, and the rest will go away eventually.
    Yup, It's just biofilm that some stock will eat although it will go away after a bit. Personally, I prefer the technical term "Driftwood snot'.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK View Post
    Cool!!! I'd actually like to see that :D