· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: fish expo?

1. Default fish expo?

0 Not allowed!
    idk if im posting this is right spot but dose anyone know if there is any Tropical Fish Expo's around Northwest Indiana? basicaly anywhere between Chicago,IL to Indianapolis,IN just wondering if there is any because would be interested in them to find some fish to stock my tank with.I think breeders would be better then petsmart or petco. >.>
    56 Gallon Planted Tetra based Community Tank.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-6Cardinal Tetra-8,Panda Cory-1(whisker issues),emerald cory-5"
    "(1) Angelfish,,1 Zebra Nerite"
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Moss,Java Ferns,Dwarf Hair Grass
    10 Gallon with a betta,3oto

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would google it better chance of finding something there then asking here.
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i been trying to google it but all i can find is like Cali. n places like that reason why i figured to try asking.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-6Cardinal Tetra-8,Panda Cory-1(whisker issues),emerald cory-5"
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Moss,Java Ferns,Dwarf Hair Grass

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.circlecityaqclub.org/ They seem to meet every month in Indianapolis. Hate to say but looking at their schedule looks like you missed their spring auction, it was earlier today. I would join their forum and find out more about local breeders and what sorts of fish people in the club are raising. Many clubs have different guest speakers each month, various topics. Usually each meeting followed by a short auction at the end. Then a few big auctions each year.

Most of the plants and fish I get are from others in the fish club I belong to. Also they are a great source of knowledge. They can probably help you find what you are looking for.

Also found http://www.aka.org/exk/ a killifish club, the site doesn't have much info on it, has some contact info for a person though.

http://indmas.org/main/ a sw club

0 Not allowed!
    Missed the Chicago part. Try this link, has clubs listed by state. List could be out of date, there may be other clubs out there as well.
    http://www.aquaworldaquarium.com/Local_Fish_Clubs.htm

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    idk if im posting this is right spot but dose anyone know if there is any Tropical Fish Expo's around Northwest Indiana? basicaly anywhere between Chicago,IL to Indianapolis,IN
    You asked just a little too late , You missed all 4 of the winter swaps of the GCCA --> http://www.gcca.net/ & YES, They are great places to get fish from breeders.

There is still an auction coming up :
    http://www.gcca.net/docs-events/upcoming-events
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    it funny that there was one today lol thank you for all the info idk why but i had like 0 luck maybe i was searching wrong heh

0 Not allowed!
    YVW

Possibly, Google usually only gives you what you ask for lol.

Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.