· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default 55 gallon stocking ideas?

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, im new here and needed some help. I'm purchasing a 55 gallon long and was wondering what fish would be the best to stock it with. I was leaning towards Convicts because I heard they're some of the easiest fish to keep and breed easily. Any suggestions?

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know much about them, but I don't think Convicts are generally something suggested around here. Lol. :) But like I said, I don't know much about them.

Hang in there and someone will comment I'm sure.

As I'm an Angel fan ----- well, I'd do an angel fish, then stock around it.
    130g: 7 Angelfish, 1 Bolivian, 12 Neon Tetras, 14 Serpae Tetras, 9 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora ? Ghost Shrimp
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the idea, I'll keep angelfish in mind too

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Pair of Angels with lots of rummy noses

0 Not allowed!
    There are many options for a 55g tank. Knowing your tap water parameters will help us suggest the best options. GH (general hardness) and pH, numbers you can get from the municipal water people, likely on their website. It is easier, and better for the fish, to select fish suited to your water rather than trying to adjust parameters which can be done but is not always easy, depending.

It would also help to know your own preferences. Are you looking for larger fish, or a mix of smaller fish?

Byron.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm considering doing a convict in my 55 gallon tank. Right now I've tiger barbs in there, and I think one convict and 12 tiger barbs should make for a fun tank :)

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If you are dead set on having a convict and 12 tiger barbs they might be able to get away from him when he matures I never kept barbs but I have used dither fish with large CA/SA cichlids to keep the aggression dispersed and not just between the cichlids in the tank but it's kind of a waste just a single convict in a 55g with some barbs; if you really like convicts I would consider buying a few convicts of the same size and letting them pair off then keep the pair and take the rest back to the store and you can enjoy an easy breedable cichlid.

You would have a bloodbath on your hands when they mate most likely though if you are intent on keeping the barbs not that I care your fish your choice.
    Long time fish keeper most experience with CA/SA cichlids, natives like sunfish, and aggressive catfish.
    Currently have a 29g planted with 14 candy cane tetras, 6 sterbai corys, 6 melini corys, a roided out tiger angelfish and 1 mustache wearing albino longfin pleco.
    Oh and they all get along amazingly!!! went through 4 BN plecos and 2 angelfish until I got ones with the right temperament but it's the most mellow tank now.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    some bolivian rams would be awesome.(some petsmarts sell them)

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    FishGuy67 had a great idea. Have you made any decision on it yet?
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.