· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
    alayne1988 is offline Junior Member ConvictDwarf PufferBarramundiJack DempseyEsox LucieusCatfishTrident SharkCharacidiumStarfishPlecoAdminKiller WhaleThe Berserker SushiSiamese Fighting FishA darn nice guyLoachQueenGreat white shark (admin)

Exclamation Do these Oscar eggs look fertile?!?

0 Not allowed!
    So my pair of Oscars laid eggs in my big aquarium that has plecos, a jack dempsey and a shark in it with them. After seeing the jack dempsey waiting for a turn at the eggs, I decided to take all the other fish out. While trying to do this, the shark disturbed the nest and flung eggs all over. A lot of eggs were stuck to a piece of decor so I salvaged what eggs that I could and put them in a 10 gallon tank (for now). I need opinions on whether you think these are fertile. In my honest opinion they look fertile from what I have seen and read, but this is also my first time. Any help is appreciated. These eggs were laid the morning of 12/29. Here are a couple pics:

A closer look:

In the next pic, the ones circled in red almost look like they have some of the fungus on them, but I am no expert.. The one with the black arrow looks like it may not be fertile?

Of the ones circled with black - one looks fertile one doesn't. Opinions please?? The others look fertile in my opinion.

Please give me advise, this is a first with Oscar eggs, however I have always owned Oscars. I also have another question. Since the eggs were not on a slate, I could not put the air underneath the eggs to fan them. There is an air bar in the back of the tank. Any opinions are welcome! I need help lol!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Even if they are fertile currently, I believe they will fungus and turn infertile soon if their parents are no longer taking care of the eggs.

0 Not allowed!
    do you have an update or did they not hatch?
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.