· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default 125g filtration/stocking questions

0 Not allowed!
    How much more filtration would a 125 gallon tank with an Eheim 2075 stocked with 2 oscars, 2 firemouths, 1 or 2 L200's and maybe some other fish of your recommendation, also is this over stocked? I haven't even got the tank yet I am just planning. Also I would like to have another canister filter, what is the best in your preference.

0 Not allowed!
    I run 2 canisters on my large tanks. I like the sunsuns - I have 4 of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarium-Can...item4170f56596

0 Not allowed!
    I have used Rena and fluval canisters and would recommend either. A pair of Rena XP3s or maybe a FX5 and a Aqua-CLear 110 HOB might fit your needs. I can not offer any recommendations on the Eheim filters as I have never used one, however, many members here really do like them so they are certainly worth looking into and using.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Your 125 gal tank could probably use another canister to keep things as super clean as you would like with your stock. Won't suggest which kind though, that's up to you, assisted by a recommendation from your most knowledgeable, experienced friend/LFS employee.

But you're certainly not overstocked, so you could add more fish - just a matter of researching on what is compatible with Oscars & Firemouths - I'm sure the selection may be somewhat limited though, given the potential aggression of the Oscars in particular.
    Best of luck to you - let us know what you decide on - and let us see some pics when you get it set up.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My dad will probably be fine with a bigger tank, I have actually got him interested in fish, the problem is my step-mom, she is probably the nicest person you will meet but she though my 55g was huge, and that took some convincing.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    a FX5 and a Aqua-CLear 110 HOB might fit your needs.
    I am an admitted [& unrepentant :-P] EHEIM devotee but Cliff nailed it.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Default 125g filtration/stocking questions

0 Not allowed!
    Asking what filter is best is like asking which car is best. They all do the same thing, and everyone has their preferences. I mentioned the sunsuns in my first post, but each of my tanks also has an XP filter on it as well. Excellent filters. I like the sunsuns because they hold a TON of media (more than the XPs), have high gph rates and you can't beat the price. At the end of the day, it all comes down to what you needs are, and what your means are. Just like a car.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ><))>WBW<((>< View Post
    My dad will probably be fine with a bigger tank, I have actually got him interested in fish, the problem is my step-mom, she is probably the nicest person you will meet but she though my 55g was huge, and that took some convincing.
    IF you can step away from the common big cichlids there's a lot you can do with a 55g. PErsonally... I can understand her point of view