· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default death of angel ._.

0 Not allowed!
    i woke up today to my angelfish being dead.I been having a few problems with my tank since the Red minors killed 4 of my Harlequins 2 more died since then but they where chewed up pretty good with missing tails n fins.But my angel started hiding yesterday which was strange he hasn`t done that since i 1st got him so i tried everything to get him to eat but he wouldn`t but by the end of the day he came out of hideing n would eat some for me so i thought he was going to be fine but then woke up this morning to him dead on bottom of my tank.my Ammonia is 0,Nirites 0 and Nirates are 0 my tank has been perfectly normal with no spikes ether.Could there be somthing in my tank? should i start treating it just to be safe?
    56 Gallon Planted Tetra based Community Tank.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-6Cardinal Tetra-8,Panda Cory-1(whisker issues),emerald cory-5"
    "(1) Angelfish,,1 Zebra Nerite"
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Moss,Java Ferns,Dwarf Hair Grass
    10 Gallon with a betta,3oto

0 Not allowed!
    So it sounds like the red minors rule the tank? It appears to me a problem of bullying rather than an illness...unless someone else here thinks differently.

I assume you have 0 nitrates because you have a heavily planted tank? Our of curiosity, how long has this tank been up and running?
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i didn`t think it was that heavly planted but i do have alot of plants lol its um 1 Gaint full grown Amazon Sword,12-14 Italian Vals,1 little amazon sword,i have 4-5 baby amazon swords because the full grown is giving them off like crazy n it finally grew enough to take one of the veins of babies off,i also have 1 batch of HairGrass and lots of java ferns and java moss with this ammount my Nitrates used to be sky high in cycling but went down to 0 after it finished n never came back up.
    it finished Cycling on the 9th so over 3 weeks snice complete cycling and the cycling toke about 2 weeks so 5 weeks total so a bit over a month.

on the red minors i removed(returned to store) all 10 of them after they killed the 4 harlequins after removeing them 2 Harlequins died snice then but like i said they were chewed on. But the Angel Fish was perfectly healthy nothing wrong with him as far as i could tell.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-6Cardinal Tetra-8,Panda Cory-1(whisker issues),emerald cory-5"
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Moss,Java Ferns,Dwarf Hair Grass

0 Not allowed!
    How long was the angel in the tank?
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i got him 4/12 was one of 1st fishies in my tank today is 25th so 13days almost 2 weeks.I bought him very very tiny to and he grew about 1/4th bigger snice i bought him.

0 Not allowed!
    What temp do you keep your tank at?

This fish was acting normally all along until it started hiding?

BTW, what are those numbers you have in your signature after listing each fish?
    5 gal QT

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    numbers in sig is listing current/Goal. i was working on incressing the stocking of them.. Temp has been around 78-80.and fish was acting perfectly normal it just started hideing yesterday under Amazon Sword n like i said woke up n dead this morning.

0 Not allowed!
    Sometimes there's just no way to tell why a fish dies - if it's not being bullied, shows no signs of illness, eats normally...it happens.

Do you have a way to quarantine new fish? It can be helpful to allow new fish to adjust to your home by placing them in a smaller tank for a few weeks to keep an eye on them, make sure they eat, de-stress them from being moved to your home, etc.
    5 gal QT

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i haven`t had a chance to buy a QT yet was kind of just pushing my luck because i was trying to get my groups of Cardinals and Harlequin bigger so they don`t get to stressed being in such small groups.and the place i buy from QT there fish for a couple weeks before they sell them.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i think i got something in my tank ether a sick fish or a parasite atm i started a week treatment of Melafix because i lost another healthy fish my Cardinal Tetra im just going to treat my tank and see if the current fish in there will keep living 0.o i got to pick up something for parasites tomorrow but at the moment all i got is melafix.im going to start looking into a few QT tanks before i add any fish -.- i don`t want this to happen agian.