· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default petsmart sale gbr's and clown loaches

0 Not allowed!
    The petsmart by me has a really good sale going. Clown loaches were 5.00 and Blue rams were 2.50, there were other fish on sale too but these were the stand out ones.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Mine I do not think sells the Rams, I guess to many lost.

I remember when their angels came in half dead the next day.

Jeff

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    All the ones I looked at were colorful and healthy looking

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sure that there's quality difference between different branches. Do they give proper information on the clown loaches shoaling nature and maximum size of 10 inch?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They try, they ask how big your tank is, and recommending only adding a couple at a time. You know adding too many at one time can cause an ammonia spike and so forth.

The thing with clown loaches it would take an extremely experienced fish keeper 10 years to get a ten inch one. Have you ever seen one that big? I haven't. The bigger they are the more they cost. 4-5 inch ones were fetching 60.00 a piece at world of fish. They had a big fat 6 inch one there and they wanted 120.00 for him.

Needles to say I didn't get any. I told my wife let me get rid of that Tilapia and I will get you a dozen clown loaches. She's like once Tilapia dies of natural causes.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It does take a long time for clown loaches to grow. It is possible to keep one in a 55g community til they get around 5 inches, but then they should be removed. I have seen 8 clown loaches in a 5000 gallon tank at about 8 inches each and they can still zoom around the tank in a few seconds. Honestly, I don't know why petsmart even sells clown loaches when their maximum tank sizes sold are 75 gallons. Many beginners depend on petsmart for all of their fish needs, and tank size isn't what petsmart has. I wish they sold 100 gallon or 150 gallon tank kits.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by openbook View Post

The thing with clown loaches it would take an extremely experienced fish keeper 10 years to get a ten inch one. Have you ever seen one that big? .
    Oh yes, quite a few.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loller View Post
    It does take a long time for clown loaches to grow. It is possible to keep one in a 55g community til they get around 5 inches, but then they should be removed. I have seen 8 clown loaches in a 5000 gallon tank at about 8 inches each and they can still zoom around the tank in a few seconds. Honestly, I don't know why petsmart even sells clown loaches when their maximum tank sizes sold are 75 gallons. Many beginners depend on petsmart for all of their fish needs, and tank size isn't what petsmart has. I wish they sold 100 gallon or 150 gallon tank kits.
    Mine sells a 90 gallon maybe bigger, I think they can order you one if you ask.

I bought my 125 gallon there, actually they used to sell larger ones back 10 years ago.

Had a nice 90 tall and not that long but would be a bear to reach over the side of it on a stand like 24 deep I think.

Jeff

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, we'll I think they did once have a 90 at mine, but it's always a better deal when it's a kit.

0 Not allowed!
    Guys.... I don't think I've ever even seen a petsmart.... of course I do live in the middle of no where. Please excuse my randomness.
    130g: 7 Angelfish, 1 Bolivian, 12 Neon Tetras, 14 Serpae Tetras, 9 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora ? Ghost Shrimp
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.