· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Should I be concerned with the 3 species of getting the wrong species when I order off my LFS. Like if I would of ordered the julii corys most likely I would of gotten the false juliis from them. With the Harlequin tetras I noticed there are true ones, espei, and hengeli.
    Long time fish keeper most experience with CA/SA cichlids, natives like sunfish, and aggressive catfish.
    Currently have a 29g planted with 14 candy cane tetras, 6 sterbai corys, 6 melini corys, a roided out tiger angelfish and 1 mustache wearing albino longfin pleco.
    Oh and they all get along amazingly!!! went through 4 BN plecos and 2 angelfish until I got ones with the right temperament but it's the most mellow tank now.

0 Not allowed!
    If your LFS is usualy pretty reliable they will know what to get or at least pick out 7-10 of the same fish for you. The Harleys and Espies get to the same size and are pretty much like mannered, the hengeli stay smaller and are shyer.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

0 Not allowed!
    If their wholesale is like the ones over here they'll get the same fish but it will just be mislabeled. That's no big deal.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Good to know I'll have to see what species they can get me. I'm going to wait a bit since I ended up buying 6 melini corys and on a bit of an impulse bought a baby bristlenose pleco.
    Long time fish keeper most experience with CA/SA cichlids, natives like sunfish, and aggressive catfish.
    Currently have a 29g planted with 14 candy cane tetras, 6 sterbai corys, 6 melini corys, a roided out tiger angelfish and 1 mustache wearing albino longfin pleco.
    Oh and they all get along amazingly!!! went through 4 BN plecos and 2 angelfish until I got ones with the right temperament but it's the most mellow tank now.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hopefully they have the "true" harlequines def. my pic out of the 3.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh yeah, there's just something about Harley's. Espies would be next.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1 View Post
    Oh yeah, there's just something about Harley's.
    One of my favorite fish as well. I keep some a few years ago that were almost as big around as a quarter.
    Their coppery, red colors were so intense at times that they seems to glow. I've never seen any since that were that big or colorful. All the shops I've been in lately are selling really tiny, young harleys. They don't look to hardy. Try to find some that are mature enough to take a bit of stress.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sadly for me I have to take a leap of faith and order them at my LFS; hopefully I get the right and decent size fish. Given some time for my new fish to settle in and adjust the biomass would 10 true harleys be okay? pretty much the last fish I will be getting unless I decide to swap my BN pleco for another later on.

I have good filtration my tank turns over 20 times an hour. I have 2 jebos and an emp 400 in there; Also It'll be heavily planted.

0 Not allowed!
    IMO, ten Harleys would be fine.
    -Vince Lombardi

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I noticed they aren't native to central or south america actually asia though they have similar water parameters. I was kind of trying to keep them all from the same region but they do really look cool. Will my corys and tetras act normal with them since they aren't actually found together like the others I have?