· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Filter problems

0 Not allowed!
    If you're looking at the Eheim Pro 2075 - DO NOT BUY IT. I've had problems with mine. there are too many valves, bells and whistles on it. The stop valve snapped off inside the head after about 6 months use. I've also heard bad things about the primer button.

I'd strongly recommend any of the Eheim Classic cannisters. Like talldutchie said, they are simple and reliable. I have a Classic 2213. I really wish I'd bought the 2217 instead of the 2075 when I upgraded it.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, well, matter of taste of course, some people really want a priming button. Eheim's ecco series is also nice for the smaller tanks.

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.petsolutions.com/C/Aquari...r-Filters.aspx

I didn't price check with pet mountain but here's another site. Always price check the different sites.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    rawr! so many to choose from xD i kind of like this API one i acutaly see them in my petstores around here and all the parts of them in the store where i don`t see anything on Eheims canisters. hmmm debateing debateing 0.o
    56 Gallon Planted Tetra based Community Tank.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Ferns,

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    this is to hard XD i narrowed it down thought its ether Eheim 2217 or API FilStar XP Canister Filter XL L im looking at my budget n i don`t really think i can do the 2075 even thought i think i like that one the most lol the API XL L kind of looks better then the 2217 but then agian i can`t find any pictures of the fillings

Dose the 2217 Have room for me to fit my peat moss pellets?
    Last edited by ChaosWolf; 04-25-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2

0 Not allowed!
    If I were you I'd scour review sites that have reviews of BOTH of those filters (as in, reviewed by the same site for comparison).

I would think the 2217 has room for all your biofiltration needs. You can mix and match the media you need in it.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok then i`ll probly go with 2177 then lol

0 Not allowed!
    The EHEIM 'classic series' has a 30+ year proven track track record behind it. As mentioned: Google for reviews. There are bajillions of them out there.
    [No primer button issues.. ever lol - I can promise that :-P]
    Last edited by Goes to 11!; 04-25-2013 at 09:31 PM.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok found a video of it on youtube my question is because i don`t use n Air Pump do i need anything special for this for oxygen in my tank?
    Last edited by ChaosWolf; 04-25-2013 at 11:52 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Check the flow rate between the Eheim 2217 and the API FilStar XL. (FilStar is a Rena but now called FilStar.) Generally more reasonably priced than Eheim's. The FilStar XL is rated for 175 gallon. I think both filters are about the same flow rate.

If you are bored and want to do more price checking, check out the SunSun canisters on Ebay. Some claim they are pretty good filters for a pretty cheap price. Not sure how great they would be at replacement parts but with a decent filter, you shouldn't have to worry about replacement parts for a few years.