· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Filter problems

1. Default Filter problems

0 Not allowed!
    Im having problems with my HOB filter i that im using its been about month now since i 1st started using them n i noticed the water was flowing over them rather threw them so i cleaned them out they look fine still just a little bit of brown gunk but otherwise i see no problems with them so i stuck it back n it is still flowing over it rather then threw it Also it starts making a loud clanking nose like its missing too i checked into everything that isn`t sealed in its all where its so post to be.So im thinking about getting a different filter for my tank like a canister one? can anyone recommend me a Canister that would work good for a 56 Gallon Tank? i shop with amazon and Petsmart for my good so if u can add a link in too it would be helpful Also i don`t use a Air pump for my tank but rather water fall from the Hob Filters and live plants for the fish is there anything extra i can add to Canister to make me not need a Air Pump still or should i have to look into one?
    56 Gallon Planted Tetra based Community Tank.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Ferns,

Awards Showcase

Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Rena XP L (XP3) at petmountain - cheapest price I see online (even beats thatpetplace) and free shipping -

http://www.petmountain.com/product/a...er-filter.html
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    Rena XP L (XP3) at petmountain - cheapest price I see online (even beats thatpetplace) and free shipping -

http://www.petmountain.com/product/a...er-filter.html
    this acutaly looks pretty good should i go with the 300 GPH - Up to 75 Gallons? or the 350 GPH - Up to 175 Gallons?
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have an Eheim 2075 on my 55 gallon gallon and it has worked flawlessly. It is a bit pricier but it keeps my tank clean and hasn't caused any problems, I even have an in line heater on it.
    http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-sup...er-filter.html
    This is the cheapest I have found it plus free shipping as well.
    Last edited by ><))>WBW<((><; 04-25-2013 at 12:33 AM.

Awards Showcase

Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    this acutaly looks pretty good should i go with the 300 GPH - Up to 75 Gallons? or the 350 GPH - Up to 175 Gallons?
    I would go with the large which is the XP L, the old XP 3, for the 175 gallon. it will give you great filtration.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok im going to have to get some money together thank you ^^ i have to go threw amazon to get them because i don`t have a credit card instead i use giftcards i`ll check if they have that one u recomanded wbw but its kind of out of my price range wasn`t looking to go over 150$

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    its kind of out of my price range wasn`t looking to go over 150$
    I'd suggest the EHEIM 2217: Rated for tanks to 160gal w 264gph - Power consumption of 20w, comes with media & is in your budget. The classic series doesn't have all the bells and whistles but is simple, effective and reliable filtration. I have 2 of the 2217s and highly recomend them.
    http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-sup...er-filter.html
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    I was going to suggest either a 2215 or 2217. Nice, simple filters. Very reliable.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i kind of keep looking at that eheim 2075 lol was debateing if i should go over budget or not lol.DO u think its better to go with a Eheim 2217? or to spend the extra for Eheim 2075?

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have had my 2075 for just about a year know and it hasn't leaked(seems to be a common problem with some of the primer buttons on older models) Also it is Very easy to clean.