· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my frogs are up

Default my frogs are up

0 Not allowed!
    And hard at work. I counted 7 frogs that made it trough the winter and at least two adult newts eyeing the big tasty snack this one's sitting on.

Common frog in my pond 2 by j_wijnands, on Flickr

Common frog in my pond by j_wijnands, on Flickr

Which only goes to show that even a watering hole of maybe half a square meter in total surface still serves a purpose

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz 
    fishies - Hardy85 The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA 
    cheers man - mojosodope Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy 
    lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like you will be knee deep in tadpoles soon, Amphibians amaze me with their hardiness. Their is a huge amount of swamp land in my town and in the late spring there is no escaping the sounds of their songs. It is actually very nice to hear. Our frogs have been out for near 2 weeks now except that the past few days have been rather chilly so I'm sure they have slowed down quite a bit. Those are great pictures, thanks for sharing them.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

0 Not allowed!
    They do amaze me as well. Every winter I find one or two dead bodies of frogs that came out too early. And every year there's one or two more adults at that little pond liner hole in my garden.

The newts will start cutting down the frogspawn soon.

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz 
    fishies - Hardy85 The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA 
    cheers man - mojosodope Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy 
    lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Newts are equally fascinating, it's a bummer that they eat the frog spawn but they neat to eat also. One of my friends had a 20 gallon salamander tank many years ago, it was fun to watch them in the water and crawl out onto their floating platform. He had orange newts with black spots and black salamanders with red stripes. they stayed really small, grew to maybe 3 inches maximum. There were probably 6 in there. I will be showing your pictures to my girlfriend, she is completely enamored with frogs. we have frog everything around the house, she will love the pictures also- I anticipate a squeal of delight when she sees them.

0 Not allowed!
    Well, in that case she might enjoy this one as well:

Mrs. Marsh Frog by j_wijnands, on Flickr

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    LOL, I hit that one on the head! She just saw the pictures and replied with a shrill "AWWW!!!" That close up is awesome. My girl wants to go save all your spawn from the evil coalition of newts.

0 Not allowed!
    yes, well, circle of live and all that.

I did scoop out 10 eggs which are indoors now, see if they do anything.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I wish you all the best in their hatching. that would be excellent to have them hatch and raise them to maturity.

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    great to see! we got our bullfrogs out of hibernation now too. time to get the pond ready for another season. yay.
    Thar she blows!!!

0 Not allowed!
    First success:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast