· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Red worm???

0 Not allowed!
    Things have gotten worse as of today. Goes from swimming at the top, to floating vertically at the top.

I don't think I'm going to be able to save her. The meds won't be here nearly soon enough. . .

I'll def be giving them to my main tank though.
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    In a case such as this we should always take the opportunity to learn as much as we can about procedure and how to try to save a fish. I am guessing that at this point that this fish most likely has a bacterial infection internally. If you have a QT set up you can still try to solve the problem. Bacterial infections thrive in the tank waters at a temperature of 76 to 84 F. Lower temperatures slow the ability of a bacterial infection to thrive. If you would like to try to place the fish into QT and lower the temperature to 72 F you may be able to give the fish a chance. I would add a 25% dose of melafix to the QT to slow bacterial growth. I always try anything I can to save them, even if I fail I learn something valuable to try upon the next one.

0 Not allowed!
    Okay, IWA. I will see what I can do.

I can't lower the temp because my heater is one of those stupid preset ones.

I DO have a 200W that I could throw in there, but I don't know if it would be too much for the 5.5g. What do you think? Should I try that.

I'm keeping up with the dosage on her as you suggested. She's still under both Prazi and Melafix.

I went to the site you recommended, and have budgeted in for the meds this week. Not that they are expensive! That's a really great deal. Now, I'll have them on hand as well if this ever comes up again.

Thanks sooo much for all your help IWA. It really is invaluable (as in, can't put a high enough value on it).

Will continue to keep you posted.

Main tank still shows no sign what so ever.
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    At this point I think it may be kinder to put her out.

I realize it's hard to see, but she's upside down in there.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh dear - yes I think I'd euthanise that one. Sorry
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

Thanks!!! - steeler58 Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus 
    Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 
    Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 
    cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry Mandy. It's definitely time to put that fish out of its misery.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

0 Not allowed!
    She's gone guys. Not that it was a surprise.

I've just ordered the Flake 3 from Angels Plus. Hopefully that'll take care of anything that may lingeri in the main tank.

Awards Showcase

Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for your loss.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin and Regular Fin Zebra Danios
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras, Amano Shrimp, BNP. Right Tank (still cycling) - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"