· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Yea, those are one of the ones I've been considering.. but the guy claims they are more fragile and wouldn't work. Yet I know someone that has them and there fine. Just annoying how some people think things can only be done the way they are. I appreciated the info the guy was giving me, but it went from friendly info to, "you don't know what your talking about" type attitude.

Sorry.. mini rant

But that is a great pic lol. I am thinking them and the orange version. A friend has the yellow, crystal reds, red cherries, and snowball. So for the sake of bringing different types to the area I was thinking avoid the ones he had. Thus why I like the pumpkins. I need to take more pics tonight, was packing last night for the trip so got a little side tracked
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie 
    .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    I hear ya man, also I considered posting the green ones are interesting. I saw a few bids on those and the king kong black ones.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Ha, how about you buy me a set of the king kongs ;) god. who would pay $100 for a shrimp... I've even consider the sulawesi but they are still 15-20 each. I wanna get the easier shrimps down before I make that jump lol

I saw the greens, if they wouldn't blend in with plants so well they'd be great lol
    The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie 
    .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    Get a led light and do all red types of plants and a bright white substrate? King kongs I have seen for as low as 10 a shrimp but i totally agree.

0 Not allowed!
    That would look awesome. Except I just paid $40 for flourite black sand :(

Future tank idea right there lol
    The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    The answer to this conundrum is simple... MORE TANKS!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    Saw your post on my other journal and was very confused. Might just be a different language thing but few things have me confused

Crypts to cover filters?
    backpackwith?
    sorry for my english, I'm working on it.
    Cryts of Cryptocoryne i love this with shrimp
    http://www.tropica.com/dk/planter/pl....aspx?pid=110A

the second for you is hang on filter :)

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I understand that you have problems with the parameters of water for shrimp.
    can solve with bottled water with characteristics similar to that required (usually do this in Portugal and come cheap for small tanks).
    You can also use ada amazonic substrate to improve the parameters.

0 Not allowed!
    Actually I tested the pH from my red cherry shrimp tank last night, its between 6.8-7 WOOT WOOT!

I am now back to thinking I want crystals. Feel like no matter what I got the shrimp will be $3-5 each so why not get the ones I like. Still waiting for the cycle, leaving town tomorrow for a week so hope it'll be ok
    The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

Default Ok Picture Time!

0 Not allowed!
    Upper Tank

Lower Tank

I left all the plant cards at home, so can't name all the different crypts right now (if anyone wants to try lol)

Going through a decent sized melt too

Water params were the following last night:

Upper:
    pH: 7.2 (added alder cone to lower)
    Ammonia: .25 ppm
    Nitrite: 5 ppm +
    Nitrate: 40-80 ppm

Lower
    pH: 7.4 (added alder cone to lower)
    Ammonia: .0-.25 ppm (added as little ammonia as i could)
    Nitrite: 5 ppm +
    Nitrate: 80 ppm
    The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread