· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Sushicat's high tech ada 60p planted!

0 Not allowed!
    After owning several community tanks with few plants, I've decided to take a dip into the high tech side of this hobby. Hoping to learn a lot from the community and to document my own struggles and progress in to coming months. Stay tuned for pictures of the equipment that has already arrived!

0 Not allowed!
    I'm looking forward to reading about your progress
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okay so here we go, tank will be dry started
    Jan 30th 2013: Received some items last week:
    1) 40 lbs of eco-complete
    2) Corallife 2x65w PC fixture
    3) Eheim 2213
    IMAG0305.jpg

And the centerpiece from earlier this morning: ADA 60p (~18g), after some rough hardscaping I came up with this using some old malasian driftwood. However the right side looks sorta empty and need some opinions on what to fill it with.
    IMAG0306.jpg

CO2 regulator and the rest of the glassware (excluding my damn lily pipes) are scheduled to arrive early tomorrow morning. Will update when they arrive.
    P.S. looking for some opinions on plant choices specifically some mid ground plants, my heart is currently set on a beautiful carpet of HC. However I am must likely picking up some plant tomorrow so input will be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Jan 31st 2013: My CO2 equipment has arrived and nothing seems broken. Damned UPS charged me 50$ brokerage fee, guess I'm going to declare items myself in the future.

Anyways here a picture of the equipment, from right to left: Atomic V3 regulator, Inline Diffuser, Bubble checker, and double drop checker.
    IMAG0308.jpg

Going to pick to orders of HC and DHG along with the dry ferts later today, will update when they are planted.

0 Not allowed!
    Thats an awesome tank. Have you thought of addingsome stones? That might help fil in the hardscape. Are you going to tie down the HC to little stone or just plant them directly?
    Roll the Dice!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    going to look at some stones on friday, a local aquarist is shutting down his tanks so hopefully get them for a steal (considering no rock yards are open -41C winnipeg winters). Planting the HC directly and likely going to get some Christmas moss farther down the line for attachment to driftwood.

During my partial filling for the dry start chipped the glass a little, sad panda hopefully it wont be that noticeable.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    be careful with that inline co2 diffuser. I just recently replaced a glass diffuser on one of my tanks with this and my drop checker went yellow within a couple hours and killed a couple of my cories and some pumpkin shrimp before I noticed. The rest of the inhabitants were essentially unconscious or gasping heavily. These are supposed to be much more efficient at putting co2 into the water and I had even halved the bubbles per second from when it was attached to the glass diffuser. Just make sure that you turn this up slowly over a period of days to the level you want to prevent suffocating your tank inhabitants.
    31 Gallon Hagen Waterhome with 2 x 20W T8 6700K Life Glo tubes, Fluval 205 canister filter, Aquaclear 200W and Marineland Stealth 150W heaters, Hydor Hydrokable 50W substrate heating cable with Hydrostat thermostat, Hydor Ario 2 Blue aeration night light. Compressed CO2. Very Heavily Planted.

58 Gallon Hagen Light-Glo/Waterhome with 2x40W T8, 2x Fluval 404/405 canisters filters, Ebo-Jager 250W Heater, Marineland Stealth Pro 300W heater. Compressed CO2. Moderately planted.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ah thanks for the headsup. Going to wait 2-3 weeks after i fully submerge the tank before adding fish to make sure i get the CO2 right.
    Picked up the HC and DHG, HC is a pain in the rear to plant in a coarse substrate like eco complete. Pictures later as its time to study organic...

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Feb 2: So the HC decided to melt on me, thats okay as I got them fairly cheap. So decided to forego HC carpet and now I'm doing a split of microsword and DHG. Got my CO2 canister and just ended up planting the whole tank and submerging it.
    Anywho this is what it looks like at the moment, cant wait for it to fill in. What do you guys think?

IMAG0311.jpg

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    excuse the floaters and green eheim pipes. glass ware and hydro inline heater hasn't came in yet :( and I havent gotten around to skimming the surface
    Last edited by sushicat; 02-02-2013 at 08:48 PM.