· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've been told it is a Clown Knife, just a rare color pattern.
    As to queen and flowerhorn, I want to see them lay eggs, inseminate them at the very least. That would mean they will spawn again, maybe then a separate tank will be in order.

0 Not allowed!
    That's what I was thinking. Clown knives will grow to at least 3 feet. I just don't think your tank is wide enough for that. And, the aro will get to be at least 30 inches, as well as the gar. Just food for thought. But they will all need to be re-homed at some point. A 210 just is not long or wide enough for any of those long term. Still nice looking fish and tank.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks.
    According to my research a clown knife should reach up to 2ft in aquarium. Gar's growth rate slows down after it reaches 18" and should end up at around 2" in aquarium setting. The only fish in my tank that will 100% grow more than 2' is aro. It should reach 30" but then again, it's very flexible and needs much less space to turn around then an awkward gar for example.
    Since my tank is 72"x24"x28" high I think I have enough space for 2-3 years to come.
    Thanks again for your kind words and opinion, I greatly appreciate it.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I always wanted a tank over 125gs like that nice selection you currently have; some of the fish will outgrow that tank but you know that and seem to be able to move fish around when needed really nice fish choices dude! I'm having some fish envy lol.

You know what kind of pike cichlid you have? I had a 10 inch one (I forget the exact species) that was mean as hell and he had an immensely big mouth for his size he'd take chunks out of my palm sized silver dollars once in a while.
    Long time fish keeper most experience with CA/SA cichlids, natives like sunfish, and aggressive catfish.
    Currently have a 29g planted with 14 candy cane tetras, 6 sterbai corys, 6 melini corys, a roided out tiger angelfish and 1 mustache wearing albino longfin pleco.
    Oh and they all get along amazingly!!! went through 4 BN plecos and 2 angelfish until I got ones with the right temperament but it's the most mellow tank now.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks very much. I want to experience having large predatory fish keeping as much as I can.
    Aro is closing in on 15", gar is almost 13", both of them by the way were taught to eat out of my hand. One time I looked away and was bitten by my gar lol.
    Unfortunately Pike is gone, Aro ate it. It was able to fit in aros mouth and she gobbled it up. I actually don't know what type of pike I had but it was only 6" and grew sloooowly. It had black stripes on both sides.
    In addition to loosing pike I have other stocking changes:
    1. One male flowerhorn was sold. Golden male and regular color female are left.
    2. A 7" Male Purple Rose was acquired. Same gorgeous colors as female, very timid, still hiding behind driftwood.
    3. An 8" female Green Terror was bought.

This morning Gar jumped out of the tank. Thankfully I was home and got him in the tank within minutes. Funny thing is, my cat heard the noise and went to investigate. I heard meowing and came to see what's up. Kleopatra was sitting next to the gar meowing loudly. Basically fish owe its life to cat lol.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    one of the other fish spooked the gar, better strap down those lids and cover any slits. It will happen again.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Time for new pics and changes descriptions.
    I acquired a new driftwood stump, it's held down with stones until it sinks. Big GT passed for no apparent reason :(. Small GT and a female FH was traded for a 13" RTC. Two managuense were moved to a 30g because they fit in RTCs mouth.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus 
    Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie 
    Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    That is probably the best looking rtc I have seen. Such pattern on the head. Great looking fish!
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    I would just be scared of those rocks sliding off the driftwood into the glass... make sure they can't or won't or just wait for driftwood to sink on its own...

I wouldn't risk it. All it takes it the RTC to get spooked and run into a rock and shift it. Log floats, rocks fall and crack tank
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm curious... Why do people buy RTCs? I mean, they're cool, but what do you do with them when they start getting close to 5' long?
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae