· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Default My 210 gallon mostly SA tank.

0 Not allowed!
    I upgraded from a 110g to a 210g. Built it up and put all fish in yesterday. It's just a start but I'd like comments, concerns and ideas. I want to find a nice piece of large drift wood as my next step in decorating.
    BD7D4BED-26DC-485D-8825-BFE78FF80200-569-000001545C410C99.jpg
    7338AEA0-F35D-4E00-BE57-CF17F19A605D-569-000001544C2431E2.jpg
    0561FCB5-F137-4613-AD46-99215E6CFE7F-569-000001543EBAEA7F.jpg
    675CA247-D9ED-4689-A230-9586738F740F-569-000001542E75CBF0.jpg
    4AA80B77-7371-4ACD-942F-73062A006321-569-000001541F61507C.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    nice fish. you do realize that as full growns, it will be a tight fit in the tank?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    nice fish. you do realize that as full growns, it will be a tight fit in the tank?
    Thanks. Yes I know :)
    I'm waiting for smaller oscars to start separating into pairs, others I will sell. Jaguars are a pair, big tiger oscars are a pair, flowerhorns are also a pair.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    A really really big tank, Nice Arro. you have there, looks really good, and healthy.

Actually wild, they all get along like that.

I had a 10 inch Oscar with a shovel nose that always bothered each other in a 120 gallon.

Jeff

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by reef12 View Post
    A really really big tank, Nice Arro. you have there, looks really good, and healthy.

Actually wild, they all get along like that.

I had a 10 inch Oscar with a shovel nose that always bothered each other in a 120 gallon.

Jeff
    Thanks. They all get along fine, no fights with water splashes. Pair of large oscars are getting ready to spawn. One smaller oscar was sold due to him bothering my aro. Aro has grown 2" from when I got it and now is at 14", eats like a beast, bothers no one.
    I have a small tiger Shovelnose Cat in a 30 gallon growout tank, when it'll be at least 8" I'll put it in a 210g.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gamelovers11223 View Post
    I upgraded from a 110g to a 210g. Built it up and put all fish in yesterday. It's just a start but I'd like comments, concerns and ideas.
    It's awfully densly stocked at the moment.

It looks, sorry to say it, rather boring, some wood would definitely improve it. Are these fish known plant killers that the tank is unplanted?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post

It looks, sorry to say it, rather boring, some wood would definitely improve it. Are these fish known plant killers that the tank is unplanted?
    Oscars will pull plants out like crazy, heaters also if not attached real good, I know from experience on that, lost one when he banged his heater against the tank

and broke the glass fried him, I was at home over Christmas of 87 and came back and found him, a nice size also about 8 inches.

But back to the tank and yes they do not like plants unless in a say 500 gallon tank and then maybe some swords.

Had them for about 10 years in total.

Jeff

0 Not allowed!
    Amazing! Never would have expected that.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post

I have one Fluval FX5 at the moment running with a second FX5 on the way, along with a 13W UV sterilizer, an Aquaclear 50 Powerhead with Aquaclear 5000 in plans, Eheim Jäger 300W heater and a Tetra Whisper 100 air pump with a Marineland LED Bubbler w/crystal decor. I think it's enough filtration for my tank stocking. Also water is crystal clear, all fish are healthy and eat well. Water change is once a week 30-50%.
    Generally cichlids do not tolerate plants. If they don't eat it they'll tear it apart and uproot it and mine are no different.
    I really wanted my fish to be happy in a new, much bigger home so I decided to do that and decorate later. In plans are more driftwood, for now.